• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi, all!

Lomilmalinde

It's been a good while since I ran across this site... I figured this was a good time to acquaint myself with the forums, too. I've spent a few years writing paranormal stuff, but I've felt a big drive lately to get back into fantasy fiction, which is what got me started. It's also been a long time since I talked to a lot of other writers (especially fantasy writers!) so I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

Aside from writing, I'm also a stay-at-home mom, which takes up most of my time. I'm a casual artist and photographer, hobby seamstress, and I enjoy customizing my growing collection of Asian ball-jointed dolls into characters from my stories. I share their customization process on YouTube, too. I like tea and cats, tolerate the dog my husband talked me into getting, and a fondness for classic muscle cars--gearing up to start working on my late uncle's 1970 Chevelle SS.

Anyway, now that I'm working my way back to fantasy, I decided to pull my old fantasy writing out of the digital trunk and see what I can do with it now that I'm older and more experienced. So far, it's been a pretty discouraging venture, but hopefully I'll turn a corner soon and turn it into something worth reading. It's a completed six book epic fantasy series, so it would be a shame not to do something with it.

It's nice to meet you all!

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Lomilmalinde, welcome here.

I love action figures, I would be interested to see those as well. I had my own shrine collection for a long time, but I had to take it all down when I lost my writing cave, something to do with the whole having kids thing. One day, I am putting it all back ;)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Lomilmalinde
Good to have you here
Leap on in and enjoy!
That Chevvy sounds Nice! I do aspire to get the British equivalent of a muscle car [well sort of], a 1973 Lotus Elan :love::love::love:
Unfortunately, the only figures I have are three of Tara Mclay from Buffy and an original Darth Vader [yes, I'm that old]
And none of them help me with my writing

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello there Lomilmalinde and you are most Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

I agree with Michael, your personal introduction is very good and informative. It seems that you are a nice and friendly person, and I look forward to seeing you in Forum conversations as well as the Chat. Oh I love cats and tea too, by the way! I wish you the best with the updating and polishing of your completed Fantasy series.

Hey, in case that you have experienced some interesting dreams to talk about please visit our Dreamscape Forum.

See ya for now!

S.W.

Lomilmalinde

Welcome, Lomilmalinde. Your introduction is well-written, informative, and interesting. I'm seeing a published epic in your future. :)

Thanks so much! I'm sure it's got mistakes in it too, I don't let myself proofread internet activity before hitting post or I'd be stuck at my keyboard forever. I definitely don't have time for that!

If you have pictures, you can post them here. We'd love to see them!
I love action figures, I would be interested to see those as well. I had my own shrine collection for a long time, but I had to take it all down when I lost my writing cave, something to do with the whole having kids thing. One day, I am putting it all back ;)

I had to surrender my space for a while too, for the same reason. They eventually set up residency in a closet and I just get them out when I'm doing something with them. They're rather large, though--enough so that taking them out in public a few times to check scale of objects or accessories before purchase has earned me some very strange looks. My husband is not fond of them, but being a creative type, himself, he tolerates it as part of my eccentricity. ;)
I take lots of photos, but most of them are stored on my external hard drive. I'll round up some to share at some point, though!

That Chevvy sounds Nice! I do aspire to get the British equivalent of a muscle car [well sort of], a 1973 Lotus Elan :love::love::love:

Ha, I don't blame you! Lotus has made some beautiful vehicles. I have to admit I prefer Mustangs, as they were the car that got me interested in classics to begin with, but I'm an equal opportunity muscle car lover and I'm excited to have the chance to work on this one. My parents elected me as the best candidate for the restoration project, much to the chagrin of my three brothers. My uncle also owned a '55 Chevy and I expect that will fall to one of my brothers, as it needs less work and I'm the one in the family with the most automotive repair experience. Aside from my dad, that is.

Hey, in case that you have experienced some interesting dreams to talk about please visit our Dreamscape Forum.

Oooh, yes! I have an awful lot of those, I'll see if I can find my way over before long.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!