• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone!

Hello! I'm new here so wanted to introduce myself :) I'm an aspiring writer, just about finished the first draft of my fantasy novel (entitled...Raven of Summer!) that I hope will be the first in a series. I've also written a couple of TV pilots, which made it in the quarter-finals and semi-finals of some amateur screenwriting competitions this year, and have a couple of other novel and movie ideas that I hope to work on down the pipeline as well.

I'm a 35-year-old woman living in Washington, D.C. I'm originally from outside of Philadelphia but have traveled around quite a bunch, including living in London for a couple of years. Other than writing, well, there's lots of stuff I'm into...I make hand-thrown pottery, I read tarot, I love Renaissance Faires...

Anyway I'm glad to be here and hopefully share in this fellowship of fine writers. Looking forward to discussions with all of you!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met RavenOfSummer
Good to have you here.
And even better that you spent some time in a place of culture and refinement [I mean London :whistle:]
Leap on in and enjoy. MS is a friendly, helpful and supportive place. There is no start, I mean end, to the knowledge and inspiration to be found around here.
I'm starting a [thrown] pottery course in the New Year, so if you have any tips...

Hail, CupofJoe ! Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm very glad I found this community. Exciting to hear you are embarking on your pottery journey! My biggest advice is to be patient and go with the flow. Enjoy playing around with the clay and don't be too attached to the outcome. The form and technical skill will gradually get stronger and you'll discover you're own style, and in the process you'll have a lot of fun and come out with some pretty cool pieces. Do let me know how it goes! :)