• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi from Addis Ababa!

Hello fellow fantasy writers, from the land of buna ceremonies and way too many goats in the road. When I moved here for the winter, I set myself a goal: 100,000 words in 3.5 months. So far, I'm 65,000 words in.

The premise: In a dying empire of magic users, a village girl-turned-griffon masters her terrifying magic and devours a sorcerer's heart. There's a reason blood magic is taboo.

I've been writing fantasy since the summer I was 14, when out of boredom I created my first fantasy land, Griffel, complete with maps, histories, many short stories, and lots of princesses. 3 crappy novels and a career as a pro copywriter/journalist later, I'm diving back into fantasy-writing.

Looking forward to connecting with other folks here and reading your work.

EWM

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met EmilyMcIntyre
Good to have you here.
Okay... Addis Ababa is on my list of Places to go to, the whole of Ethiopia really.
And as you might guess from my name, I HIGHLY approve of anywhere that takes coffee seriously...
You've set yourself some impressive goals but you seem to be doing okay...:)
Don't be shy to leap in and enjoy the place.

Hey CupofJoe, thanks! Addis is amazing but outside the city is the best. The air in the mountains is incredible.

Thanks for the message; have a fantastic day.

EWM

Mike Chara

Scribe
Hello fellow fantasy writers, from the land of buna ceremonies and way too many goats in the road. When I moved here for the winter, I set myself a goal: 100,000 words in 3.5 months. So far, I'm 65,000 words in.

The premise: In a dying empire of magic users, a village girl-turned-griffon masters her terrifying magic and devours a sorcerer's heart. There's a reason blood magic is taboo.

I've been writing fantasy since the summer I was 14, when out of boredom I created my first fantasy land, Griffel, complete with maps, histories, many short stories, and lots of princesses. 3 crappy novels and a career as a pro copywriter/journalist later, I'm diving back into fantasy-writing.

Looking forward to connecting with other folks here and reading your work.

EWM

Hello,

How long for the 65k words, going to hit the 3.5month target?

Also what a mean village girl, eating her master's heart – griffon or not!