• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi, I am Kim

Kim

Scribe
Hello everybody!

I am Kim. I live in a small town in the Netherlands (so my English will not be very well). I noticed Mythic Scribes followed me on Twitter (I am @Kim_t_Tee) and that's why I decided to check out this site.

My attention was drawn to a topic about pennames and at this moment I am trying to figure out if I need one, so I decided to register.

I am a fantasy-lover since the LOTR-movies. First I started making costumes, but 6 years ago I started writing. I have published 4 books since. Next year, the first two will be translated into english. That will be a whole new adventure for me.

I am still working on an English website, but already started a Facebook-page in English. So check out Kim ten Tusscher | Facebook if you want to know more. Or just ask.

Bye!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welkom, Kim.

My mother is from the Netherlands, and I actually knew Dutch before English because I went to Kindergarten there. But we never spoke it in the home, so I lost most of it. I can understand some when I hear it, but I can't write much. It is nice to see you here.

Tot ziens.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Kim
I have no knowledge of the Netherlands or Dutch apart from some very rude words I learnt at a campsite fire many years ago [and I promise not to say them here:angel:]

Kim

Scribe
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I have learned English at school. What also helped is that there are many English programs and movies on the Dutch television and many English songs on the radio. It is almost impossible not to learn some English in the Netherlands, I guess.
But my English is far from perfect, so I am glad my publisher has found a translator and an American editor.

lawrence

Troubadour
Welcome Kim! I too got into fantasy books through the LotR movies, actually it was more that those great epics drew me back after many years, I originally started my interest as a teenager.

My wife is from Denmark and, just like things with you in the Netherlands, she learned alot of English through tv and music, it makes English a very familiar language. She has amazing English (even a Yorkshire accent!) after living in the UK for many years, but when her mother calls on the phone she shifts into full-flow Danish!

See you around...

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello Kim, Welcome to Mythic Scribes!!

It's really great to have new and interesting people joining our community, we all hope that you will feel like home and find many new friends here. We have chat rooms too every weekend...

Please visit the Showcase when you have +5 posts =)

Kim

Scribe
Thank you!

Yes, I do like this place. I have already found many threads that are really interesting. Sometimes, the opinions here are so different from the opinions in the Netherlands. So I learn a lot.
I would like to participate in more discussions, but it takes time to read al the posts, understand what everybody is saying and than write a reply that the other members understand. But I am sure that will go much easier after a while.

Graylorne

Archmage
He Kim,

Ook hier? Gezellig! Een leuk forum, dit, waar het gelukkig vooral over fantasy schrijven gaat.

And back to English: Welcome, you'll pick it up in no time and they're great people here!

SeverinR

Vala
If I had to leave the USA, Holland would be my second choice.
The only country that I wasn't stationed in, that I visited 3 times.
Ambsterdam x2, and beach town, I forget the name of.

I met several people from the Netherlands in Germany on holiday, they were always friendly and nice.

Welcome.

Kim

Scribe
Hey Graylorne! Nice to see you here.

(For all the others; Graylorne and I have the same publisher.)

Thanks SeverinR!