• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi, looking to join a group of mainly (dark?) medieval-ish fantasy writers

I am a young adult Swede that wants to learn to write quicker, cleaner and better in general, with the help from the more experienced and along those in the same position as me.

I'm working on a world that hold both dark and light high fantasy, with mythology, classical, futuristic and a bit of (actual) lovecraftian mixed in. And has many of the spectrum of positives, negatives and grays the real world has. And I aim to make people see tones of grays instead of black and white. In other words fixing extremes with extremes, too in the end bring balance. Like why some evil deeds can fix something, and why some good deeds can damage something.
The problem is that it's likely hard to make this entertaining while not seeming like its about politics, culture or religion, which the people I want to help within these areas easily fight about. Because its suppose to be firstly entertaining, while showing the bad things about extremes in general on the side.

The character I'm mainly working on is basically from the beginning a simple man that works much by emotion because of the state of civilisation, but is forced into a position above everyone, caring little for the glory or privileges. And does the vile work by the simple reason that its needed, so the world will become better and no one else has to suffer the work to do it.
but over time breaks down and becomes like a logical machine, seeing value, but mostly by numbers and importance instead of personal.
He would be fully opposite to his younger self, who would despise him above all else, but nether is necessarily good or evil, but opposite extremes and don't understand the other side, and thus cannot clearly see the middle ether.
The early him you can like, but maybe not respect. While the old him you can respect, but maybe not like. If he was real, not a character.

I'm personalty proud of how I do so far with creating the base of the atmosphere, characters, species, races, locations, culture and religion. But not all the detail work, like the realism of logic and chaos of the unknown (like magic), the gray everyday life of people, or the parts of culture or religion that is positive or negative depending on the circumstance.

I aim to learn, create, make and entertain, and trough that help.
And of course have fun on the way.

Last edited:
And create stories that you can just escape to, simple enough for children to read but good enough for adults too, like much of Astrid Lindgren's work.
I focused a bit much on the story of the character I spoke of.

It was 04:00 when I finished this, so yeah.

Welcome :)

I am a young adult Swede that wants to learn to write quicker, cleaner and better in general, with the help from the more experienced and along those in the same position as me.

I'm working on a world that hold both dark and light high fantasy, with mythology, classical, futuristic and a bit of (actual) lovecraftian mixed in. And has many of the spectrum of positives, negatives and grays the real world has. And I aim to make people see tones of grays instead of black and white. In other words fixing extremes with extremes, too in the end bring balance. Like why some evil deeds can fix something, and why some good deeds can damage something.
The problem is that it's likely hard to make this entertaining while not seeming like its about politics, culture or religion, which the people I want to help within these areas easily fight about. Because its suppose to be firstly entertaining, while showing the bad things about extremes in general on the side.

The character I'm mainly working on is basically from the beginning a simple man that works much by emotion because of the state of civilisation, but is forced into a position above everyone, caring little for the glory or privileges. And does the vile work by the simple reason that its needed, so the world will become better and no one else has to suffer the work to do it.
but over time breaks down and becomes like a logical machine, seeing value, but mostly by numbers and importance instead of personal.
He would be fully opposite to his younger self, who would despise him above all else, but nether is necessarily good or evil, but opposite extremes and don't understand the other side, and thus cannot clearly see the middle ether.
The early him you can like, but maybe not respect. While the old him you can respect, but maybe not like. If he was real, not a character.

I'm personalty proud of how I do so far with creating the base of the atmosphere, characters, species, races, locations, culture and religion. But not all the detail work, like the realism of logic and chaos of the unknown (like magic), the gray everyday life of people, or the parts of culture or religion that is positive or negative depending on the circumstance.