• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi There!

johnsonjoshuak

Troubadour
Greetings all!

I'm Josh; I write sci-fi and fantasy. I'm married with a 1 1/2 yr old son Jay.

Right now, I'm writing in a universe that I call Griffins & Gunpowder. It's a "Gunpowder Fantasy" that blends aspects of Epic Fantasy (scale, magic, deep plots) with gunpowder weapons and limited steam power. I would say it's a solid step below "Steampunk" in that I don't have advanced steam power and I don't have the fantastical creations that are common in that particular sub-genre.

I recently self-published my first novel, The Cerberus Rebellion, and have a few short stories in this same universe. I've just started novel 2 of a planned 6, The Hydra Offensive, and hope to have it finished by the end of the year.

My website is gunpowderfantasy.com where I blog about various things.

I've been lurking for a while, but I decided to go ahead and step into the arena and join the fray!

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello Josh,

I checked out the book on Amazon.com. The cover looks good. Who did that?

Also, what does Everything Indie offer you?

Thanks for joining and welcome.

johnsonjoshuak

Troubadour
I contracted HeavyCatWeb.net for the cover. I gave them my idea and they turned it into the artwork.

Everything Indie is the editing company that I went through. Reasonable rates, excellent feedback.

Thanks for the welcomes!

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome to the Scribes, JJ.

Enjoy your lil' Ray, they grow so fast. Mine boy is starting first grade this fall, and I may re-hydrate the Midwest with tears on his first day of school. I hope it's cooler in Illinois than it is in Kansas. :)