• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi there

Sieryn

Dreamer
Hello Everyone! A friend of mine pointed me here. I can honestly say before 2010 I'd never written anything (other then school papers ie what I learned about the civil war). I've always been an avid fantasy reader though, also big on dungeons and dragons and anything with a controller since Atari. Hmm..the only odd crack in the traditional gambit of female nerdery in the hobby department was my short stint in the modeling/pagent industry (bleck). My day job is IT/Network (yawn) so I get plenty of time to day dream of worlds that are far more fun than this one.

So on topic - about two years ago I started plugging away at a paragraph, then a page. After encouragement from loved ones, after repeated attempts to throw it away, I continued. Now I've got two complete fantasy novels (one's published, one's at the editor who I'm sure is frowning at me daily) and a third/fourth in the works. I'm told I make really engaging characters, but I'm horrible at punctuation/editing/etc. If you've read this, I'm sure you're nodding along at that fact. I still consider myself to be really 'green'. I know pretty much jack and crap about alot of the ins and outs of the business side of things. I just smile and clap when my esales increment.

I've kind of always lived in my own little embarrassed bubble when it comes to writing (hiding under my desk when its published, finding a way to quickly leave the room if someone brings it up in person), so I'm looking forward to interracting with all of you amazing authors and sharing in your wonderful wisdom!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Welcome to the site, Sieryn. Feel free to jump right in. It is a friendly and knowledgeable group!

Hi there. Welcome. I am also very new.

Now I've got two complete fantasy novels (one's published, one's at the editor who I'm sure is frowning at me daily) and a third/fourth in the works.

Congratulations! That's a lot to come from just a paragraph, then a page... :) hope you can share your wisdom with us, too!