• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi there!

LadyKatina

Dreamer
Greetings fellow scribes and scribblers.

Pleased to make your acquaintance. I just recently returned to fiction writing after a longish break of, oh, probably 15-20 years. Time gets away from you faster than you think.

At any rate, took up the pen again over the last year or two, and have written a novella, a novelette and several short stories, most of which I've self-pubbed just to get my feet wet. Although the novella is coming out in a small press anthology.

Right now, I'm mostly writing fast paced, humor-laced steampunk retellings of fairy tales. Having a ball, and it's a great break from my day job.

Hope to contribute to the discussion here. :) Seems like a stalwart group.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello LadyKatina
It is a pleasure and an honour to make your acquaintance.
You say Stalwart; I say Eclectic.

ecdavis

Troubadour
Welcome to the group, sometimes those long breaks really help. Mine was a quarter century. Steampunk is always great to read, especially mixed with humor, so I'm sure your work will be popular.

ecdavis

Humour-laced steampunk fairytales eh? Haha, love it, hope you share some work here some day. Welcome to the Scribes, don't hesitate to participate.

LadyKatina

Dreamer
Thanks for the welcome, guys. I have a crazy day job, so I'll probably be kind of sporadically here, but looking forward to diving in. :)

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
Welcome to MS, Lady.

Sounds like you've accomplished a lot in the last two years. Are you working on another steampunk retelling now? ^^

LadyKatina

Dreamer
Thanks, Selene. I'm currently working on Broken Mirror, which is a steampunk retelling of Snow White, set in a turn-of-the-century traveling circus. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of May.

I'm doing a weird personal challenge this year, trying to produce and publish an eBook (either short story or longer) every month. This one is looking like it's gonna be either a longish novella or a shortish novel, around 30-50k, so I'm kind of under the gun.

katie

Steampunk fairy tale retellings are right up my alley, and Broken Mirror sounds fabulous! Welcome, LadyKatina!

J. S. Elliot

Inkling
That does definitely sound like you'll be busy. You're obviously a very prolific writer, though! I wish you the best of luck, Lady. ^^