• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi!

Hi! I was looking around for writing forums and stumbled across this one. I'm 26, married, have two kids, and a degree in Linguistics. I'm pretty new to fantasy writing. I never tried to do anything beyond academic papers until about three years ago, but writing a novel has always been on my list. I read for fun, and my writing is the same; I try not to take myself too seriously. I think the most challenging part of learning to write is the storytelling. I also think that is the most important part.

My writing and reading tend more towards YA, but I read high fantasy pretty much exclusively while I was in high school, so I have experience with that side of the genre, as well.

Glad to be here! :)

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Welcome, Myth! I'm sure you'll find yourself enjoying your time on these forums as I, and many others, have and continue to do. There is some great talent and nice folks here, so don't be shy. I hope you enjoy your time with all of us!

Thanks for signing up! Can't wait to see what you've got!

-Codey

P.s.: I've been seeing that YA pop up here and there, and I feel like an idiot for asking what it means. But I'll do it anyways. What's it stand for?

welcome fellow aspiring writer! We demand to read your works. I'll be sitting on that wooden bench warming myself in the sun with a sack of apples.

To codey, I think it might mean young adult.

Angharad

Troubadour
Welcome to the forum, Mythique! I also write YA. (Codey, YA is Young Adult, written for teens.) I'm looking forward to reading some of your work.

Wow, thanks everyone! I feel very welcomed! :)

I'll try to get some of my stuff up soon. I have family coming from out of town tonight, so it might be a little bit, but I'll try!

Oh, and yes, YA stands for Young Adult (though I think my stuff is on the edge; my characters are in their early 20's, and I intend it for older teens and college-age).

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Mythique890,

Glad you joined and good luck hammering out the novel. Storytelling is a vital element in being a successful novelist. It's similar to someone telling a joke. One fellor or lady can say the words, but not have the right timing, inflection or gestures as another. At one the people laugh at the joke, at the other they sit silent or groan.

Take your time with family before getting back here--we'll still be around :)

Terry