• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi!

mulierrex

Scribe
I realize I never actually introduced myself :) I'm Dany, and as you can probably guess, I love writing; especially fantasy and historical fiction. I'm not very old though I've been writing for as long as I can remember, which is about as much as most of you can say.

As for what I'm currently working on, I have a multitude of different stories I'm working on at the moment, too ambitious to be considered short stories and not enough to ever actually be a book. I think those are my favorite to write because they're my favorite to read. They're a jumble of different genres and plots, and most I leave for months at a time before picking up on them again. I'm a procrastinator like that.

My large project is building an entire fantasy world from scratch, which I officially started around a month ago, but have been considering for like a year. I know that's something that not many writers would advise doing, but I love it -- I love planning every tiny detail, I love coming up with hundreds of characters, I love inventing cultures and traditions. And like I said, I love writing 'short' stories (which would be good for background information on things) so there'll be dozens of them just set in my world most likely. Although, I do want to set one or several novels in this world for publication someday.

That's about it, I suppose! Loving the site so far.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met mulierrex [aka Danny]
Welcome!
Glad you like the site. It grows and grows on you. Like moss or lichen.
Ambition and a grand scheme is good. Aim for the stars and see where you end up...
And Procrastination is an underrated art!

mulierrex

Scribe
Thank you! I agree. I always see people saying it's unnecessary to worldbuild things outside of my main story but hey, I'm having fun aren't I? (Also, it's Dany actually, unless that was autocorrect.)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Sorry Dany. Auto-correct might have kicked in... [That's what I say, under oath, if asked]
Writing should be fun. If you want to world-build... world-build. It can be hard work but it has to be rewarding.
My problem is moving on from the world-building...