• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi

misaki

Dreamer
Just another introduction post by a noob ^^ I came from NaNoWriMo.

Ummm, I don't know what else to write, hahaha :)

Some random facts then:
- I live in Australia (where some people are under the impression we have kangaroos as pets...nope, I don't have a pet kangaroo. Sorry to disappoint!)
- I'm an aspiring young writer
- Authors I admire greatly are: Brandon Sanderson, Isobelle Carmody, Maria V.Snyder, Patricia Briggs and Karen Marie Moning. There are plenty more but those were the first ones that popped in my head.

Thanks for reading! :) I love this place already ;)

Chilari

Staff
Welcome.

Don't Aussies eat kangaroo? I saw a photo of a menu in an Australian Indian resturant which had Vindaloo Roo and Kangaroo curry and stuff. I don't get where the idea of kangaroos as pets come from. Wouldn't be roughly the same as having a cow or a sheep for a pet? (Or a potato, if you're a vegetarian.)

That's okay, Misaki. I live in Alabama and people in the States are under the impression that we all live in trailers and drive tractors to work, have 15 kids and don't own shoes. So the illusion that not all Aussies have kangaroos as pets.....well, it's disappointing but not unexpected ;)

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully we can help you solidify some ideas, but I know what you mean.