• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hobbit Trailer!!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Here's the first official trailer for the Hobbit!!

I'm pumped for this. How about you?

Last edited:

myrddin173

Maester
I saw this a little while ago on Facebook, and had a total geek-out. It was interesting hearing music for the dwarves' song though.

Xanados

Maester
I can honestly say that I shed a manly tear, I did. The dwarves song was very powerful. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I really liked the trailer but as a friend told me "it looks too dark." Having read The Hobbit recently, I feel like the story is very whimsical and light and the trailer does have moments that look that way. But the trailer made it to be darker than I pictured it while reading.

Nevertheless, I'm excited for the movie and I think it'll be awesome!

Dekzper

Acolyte
I was (still am) all over the Nintendo video game, The Hobbit and I am definitely all over this! :D It's an epically fun game and it looks like it'll be an epic movie too!
Oh, to show my excite level: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mirrorrorrim

Minstrel
I'm really, really excited for this! At first, I wasn't a fan of them splitting The Hobbit into two movies, but from the trailer, it looks like they're going to add a lot of Lord of the Rings tie-ins that weren't in the original book, so I can see how the adventure could grow beyond the scope of a single movie.

And I don't have a problem with these additions, since Tolkien himself rewrote the Gollum chapter, and originally considered rewriting the entire book, in order to bring it into conformity with his later ideas.

I'm still wondering where they'll split it, though. The most natural place seems right after they meet with Beorn, but, depending on where they decide to put the story's emphasis, it could be done at any number of places.

Last edited:

Xanados

Maester
I have now watched the trailer more than 100 times over the past few weeks. For inspiration more than anything.