• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hoping to publish soon

- although "soon" is a relative term innit. Ok, I've been working on a novel for several years and it's currently in second draft at about 50K words. The first draft was more than that but I discarded huge chunks thereof. I have estimated I'll need 100-150K words to tell my story, but we'll see what really happens. In any case, I want to pick up my pace and get a submission-ready manuscript within two years.

My novel is . . . I still don't know how to categorize it. Maybe low-tech science fiction would fit best. And full of semiotic ramblings that I fear will mark it as a poor imitator of Delany and Eco, yet I persist.

A continuing challenge for me has been to stop worldbuilding and get writing, although some of my important plot points have come from tweaking the world's details.

Hmm, my problem is the opposite of yours, stop writing and start world building. Anyhoo, welcome to the Scribes, the place to be for um ... us people.

Rikilamaro

Inkling
Welcome to the Scribes!
I can't build a world to save my life. That's why I write stuff that happens in this world. :)
I enjoy your goal of two years to publish! At least you have a goal.

ArielFingolfin

Troubadour
Good luck to you, and welcome aboard! I guess you're the odd one out because world building is definitely not my strong point either, so good for you that you enjoy it!