• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How Crying on TikTok Sells Books - The New York Times

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
My Facebook is inundated with book trailers, ranging from crude sketches to still pics to movie trailers. Tick-tock though...

I think your book eating your cat would go viral in a heartbeat... Ater all, the internet was invented for cat-videos.

It's the goldrush of a new platform. There's a few succesful ones which for reasons no one knows take off. And then the rest tries to immitate them and usually fails because it's already been done and misses the point of the original. Still, it's worth checking out if you have the time and energy I guess.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Blasted paywall. Can you offer a quick summary for those of us who waste our free monthly NYT articles on regular news?

Blasted paywall. Can you offer a quick summary for those of us who waste our free monthly NYT articles on regular news?
Try opening the link in an incognito browser window*. Not sure if it works here, but that's usually an effective way to get around these kinds of counters for maximum nr of reads.

*To get an incognito or private browser window**, the easiest way is to open your browser and type crtl+shift+N at the same time. Other options are right clicking on the icon on the task bar and selecting the option or clicking on the menu of your browser and selecting the option. If you're stuck on a Mac, I can't help you. My advise then would be to buy a real computer or googling a solution.

**Note: there is nothing magically private about such a window. All it does is ignore all cookies and other browsing history you collected over the years which is good enough to fool news sites but it's not actually private or more secure...