• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How do I become a successful...

C

Chessie

Thanks for sharing that article, Svrt. I read it before going to bed, already feeling like a total failure because I've been getting nowhere in my work lately. But his words helped me remember that what matters most is that I'm patient with this process, and patient with my story. It's not about perfection, but discipline, and discipline takes patience. Helped me feel a lot better. <3

kennyc

Inkling
"Writing isn’t about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends.
In the end, it’s about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your
own life, as well. It’s about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay?
Getting happy. Some of this book—perhaps too much—has been about how I learned to do it.
Much of it has been about how you can do it better. The rest of it—and perhaps the best of it—is
a permission slip: you can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will. Writing
is magic, as much the water of life as any other creative art. The water is free. So drink.
Drink and be filled up."
- Stephen King from On Writing