1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

How do YOU roll?

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Ireth, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Just curious as to how my fellow players handle attack and check rolls, and the posts that surround them. Do you write out your whole post in advance and let the dice fall where they may? Do you roll first and write your post around them? Or are you like me, and do a bit of both, writing your post as normal until you get to a roll, then letting the roll decide how the rest of your post goes (if it doesn't just end with the roll) as far as character actions/reactions and such?

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Like THIS:

Please God let me win, please God let me win…

[​IMG]

Twenny-plussed! See you in church!

Ireth likes this.
  3. Nihal

Nihal Vala

Hahaha!

I write as much as possible of my post (and even a bit more if I feel optimistic), then I roll. The majority of the magical attacks require some editing and even more writing after rolling because... you know. They fail. xD

Write, roll. Crap. Write. Roll. *please, no runaway please no runaway* Damn. Write. Roll. *no corruptioooooooon*. Write the demon summoning.

Ireth likes this.
  4. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I go off the cuff,
    stop at the dice roll, then write about the result.
    Then post it, reread what I wrote and find so many mistakes, edit it and something I forgot...
    Only a problem when people are posting fast and furious, but then so is writing it out and then posting.
    Cause someone wrote something faster that changes things.

5. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Oh, we should include the cursing and happy dance.

I write out up to the roll, roll, curse or do happy dance, (seems to be 50-50 but in streaks. Bad roll, bad roll, bad roll, good roll, great roll, good roll)
    Then write the reaction in game to the results.

Bressel's rolls;
    Write action, roll, miss, go to store pick up replacement keyboard, place axe outside of reach of computer, type in rection to roll in game. Grab a flask, and wait for everyone to reply, pick monitor off floor, cause replies not being entered fast enough.

Actually, this is wishful thinking, I think Bressel hasn't made an attack, and maybe rolled an ability check once if that. I think Aldar is battle thirsty too. He might have made a few more rolls then Bressel.
    And wishful thinking, wishing I had enough money to buy a fighting ax from a reenactor.

Ireth likes this.
  6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah Inkling

I write the post up until i need to roll, then react. It's quicker that way.

7. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

I use Unseen servant, I have every roll preprogramed.
    Alirons-scimitar, dagger, long sword, heart bow(both normal and Heart seeker shot) with damage for each, each thieve...I mean special abilities, and for each ability check. I also have each weapon's backstab also, and night and day for bow use.(+2 at night)
    Bressel's axe swing+damage, intimidation, other qualified abilities of the Barbarian, the ability checks.
    I think I also input their character sheet info too.

2 clicks and both Bressel and Aliron's rolls are done.

8. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

No roll for intimidation needed. It's the target who has to roll.

roll needed = (12 or 18) + (your level)

9. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

oh, yea. Guess I fixed it cause I just looked and that one is gone. :)

Bressel's roll macros: (Used him because he doesn't have 14 different macros)
    great axe to hit [1d20+3] damage: [1d12]
    (swinging great axe with 1d12 damage.) edit
    dagger attack [1d20+3] damage;[1d4]
    (dagger attack)
    edit
    Prime ability check [1d20] prime abilities Str,Dex,con
    edit
    Shortbow [1d20+2] (diety) Damage [1d6]
    edit
    ability check [1d20] Non-prime abilities Int, Wis, Chr
    edit

10. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I think Bressel's damage rolls might need some tweaking. Don't you need to add your STR modifier to the damage rolls for melee weapons?

11. Nihal

Nihal Vala

You can also use macros with Rollz, but they're quite messy.

12. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Yes, you are correct. I missed the damage part of melee combat.
    4-15 damage or 4-7 damage with a dagger.