• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How old are our members?

How old are you?

• Younger than 20

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • 20-24

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • 25-29

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • 30-34

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • 35-39

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 40-44

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • 45-49

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • 50 or older

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Nihal

Vala
I'll be 24 in some months. I still feel very young and strangers think I am teenager, because, well... I look almost ten years younger than I really am. Their look when they discover I am older enough to be inside and outside a college is priceless.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
My doctor pointed out last week that I had entered my "thirtieth year." I wanted to hit him. I'm 29, darnit!

(No, I didn't really want to hit him.)

Chilari

Staff

You're old, Sidekick.

Older than I assumed anyway. Then again, I mostly assume people on the internet are my age unless presented with evidence that they are not, like if they talk about a job they had 20 years ago, I can be pretty sure they didn't have a job at the age of 4. Or if they post with really poor grammar and spelling, I assume they're 14, sort of just automatically.

Edit: made "old" stand out more.

Chilari

Staff
So did I. And I know adults with awful spelling and grammar in real life. But when I know nothing of a person but that they can't use a comma properly, I assume they must be 14.

When I was 14, I assumed they must be 12.

When I was 12, I wasn't on the internet because we'd not got it then.

Nihal

Vala
LS is older than I thought too and I find this really cool!

A funny trend I've been noticing is that the internet population is getting older. E.g.: When I first started playing MMORPGs I was 11 years old (don't ask why a little girl suddenly decided to play this kind of game without knowing someone who did. I don't know.). Everyone I met were from 12 to 16. 17-19 years old were a rarity.

Now in the same gaming scenario you see a lot of 20+ years old people, people who work and pay for their own games and basically... have a life. Heh. I've played with a buch of 40+ years old and even with a friend's grandma once! MMOs... You know, Pking people, doing PvP, hack-n-slash...

P.s.: My father was an electronics technician, one of the first coders of our country, so our house always had (more than one) PC and internet, or I should say... BBS.

--
About writing, I always had an impeccable grammar (using my mother tongue ;x). I also knew other teenagers who wrote really well, even a 9 years old who wrote nice stories! This "language degradation" trend seems to be something recent, it wasn't that bad 10 years ago.

And the worse... adults write as badly as teenagers and children.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I am 31, and even though many people have a fear of becoming 30+, I feel really good with this age.

Most of the Mythic Scribes members are twenty something, I believe. We have teenagers and 40+ members too, and it's great to have writers of a wide variety of ages here.

I wonder, who are the youngest and the oldest members of Mythic Scribes??

Filk

Troubadour
I'm 28. but sometimes my knees tell me I am decades older. Looking forward to stem cell cartilage when it is necessary.

SeverinR

Vala
There is only one older then me, dang kids.
Dang, guess I got to go buy a cane, pull my pants up to my armpits, and yell about kids these days need to pull up their pants.
oh, wait I do do the last one.
Did I say do-do? uhoh got to go........

Glad to see the diversity here! Thanks for participating!

I actually just turned 20 today and almost hit the "Younger than 20" button XD

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I'm not sure how to take the "I thought you were younger" since you don't know what I look like, but Nihal may or may not have seen my photo on DeviantArt (age 34), so I'm just gonna go with being flattered and press the thanks button.

EDIT - 35-39 is still un-clicked!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
There is only one older then me, dang kids.
Dang, guess I got to go buy a cane, pull my pants up to my armpits, and yell about kids these days need to pull up their pants.
oh, wait I do do the last one.
Did I say do-do? uhoh got to go........

hB4C99DFF