• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Huzzah, fellow partners in crime :)

Bluesboy

Dreamer
Hey there people!

What a nice place this is. I like that a nice wee community like this exists, to share ideas, provide feedback, help with writing tips and even research tips...

I've always been a fan of fantasy, mainly stemming from my passion for history that was cultivated by my parents from a very young age. Originally I intended to write historical fiction, but chickened out after realising how much research I would have to do. So I thought I'd rather make up the societies than spend years of researching a particular period of history I'm interested in. That didn't fly either and I soon found myself doing the research anyway :D.

So now I'm about 40,000 words into my first fantasy novel, thought I write it as if it were in fact historical fiction, but I enjoy the freedom to go in any direction I want, not being bound by historical events.

I hope to be a part of this community and if you have any questions, just ask! :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Bluesboy
Good to have you here.
I've seen you about, so it looks like you are beginning to get a grip on how things are here. Basically don't annoy the Golem by asking questions or play a game of hide and seek with the Hippogriffin. Neither tends to end well and the stains are hard to get rid of the carpet.
Okay, for my question...
What is the Sanity Clause?

Bluesboy

Dreamer
Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to remember those warnings :D

As for the answer: "If any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind the entire agreement is automatically nullified." :D

Greetings! I've noticed that we have visited several of the same forums. BTW-The Hippogriffin isn't so bad if you let it win and feed it the occasional meat pie, from a safe distance of course.