• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Huzzah! I finally finished all 3058 threads on the “Writing Questions†forum.

Ronald T.

Troubadour
It hasn’t been a quick journey, but it has been an enjoyable one. What I’ve learned about many of you, and the knowledge I’ve gained by reading your thoughtful posts, has given me extraordinary, yet unexpected, insight into the hearts and minds of writers like myself.

Writing is an endeavor of self-expression done mostly in isolation. At least, it is for me. (I’m not referred to as “The Hermit in the Woods” for nothing.) So, I believe we are very fortunate to have a forum such as this – a place to share and communicate our thoughts about the art and craft of writing with others who are like-minded. It is a joy and an inspiration.

Now that I am up to date with the most current threads, I will follow your thoughts with great interest. I may not always respond to each post, but I will always read them. If I don’t respond, it won’t be because I disagree with or find a thread or a post uninteresting. I can almost guarantee it will be because someone else has already posted my particular thoughts on the subject or because I have nothing useful or constructive to add.

I’m a true believer in the old saying that goes something like this — "Stay quite and appear foolish…or open your mouth and prove it". Truth be told, I’ve opened my mouth and proven it far too many times over the years. So I will strive to post a thread or a thought only when I think it might be helpful by giving a different perspective on an issue. I might also do so when I wish to reopen a complex issue that someone might’ve posted previously. In such instances, I would take the opportunity to update the topic by adding my personal POV. Unfortunately, there’s always the possibility I’ve merely forgotten it was already discussed in sufficient and thoughtful detail. If so…sorry!

And if I ever offend or anger anyone by what I’ve written, I will now offer a preemptive general apology. But please, don’t hesitate to address any case of hurt feelings. I will certainly address those situations with a more personal response.

Once again, I extend my heartfelt thanks to you all.

And I offer a special “thank you” to Black Dragon for originating this site. You have given us all quite a gift, my friend. Without doubt, you will now hold a fond and special place in my writer’s heart and mind.

-- The Hermit in the Woods --

Last edited by a moderator:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Wow. You're dedicated. That's my favorite forum to post in, so...you might now know me better than I know myself. Congratulations on finishing all the threads...that's no small feat.