1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

i would like to join.

Discussion in 'Dragon's Egg RPG' started by Philster401, Dec 7, 2014.

1. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Earning the trust of the barbarian isn't tough, earning the trust of the thief, that is tough.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  2. Philster401

Philster401 Maester

I quite expect it would be seeing how I am going to be a Paladin and they have to have a lawfully good alignment.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  3. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

When SP gets back online, you should ask if your paladin has any prior knowledge of the Inquisition.

Detect evil will be nice if your character runs into one of them... though I think you'd have to hear a reason in-game to suspect evil, or you wouldn't use the skill. (I suspect most are lawful good and carry out evil acts thinking they uphold the law. I'm not sure if "detect evil" would reveal anything.)

4. Philster401

Philster401 Maester

Ok, but who are the inquisition?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  5. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Witch-hunters, basically, as far as I remember.

6. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I would expect many of them to be clerics and paladins. They're typically followers of Tyr, and they tend to uphold the law by burning people to death who are suspected of using magic. (Maybe the victims are typically women.)

I'm pretty sure a player paladin wouldn't be connected to the Inquisition, but maybe he'd know of them. SP does a good job divvying of player-character knowledge. What you know might depend whether you're from the north or the south. (We're in the north now.)

7. Philster401

Philster401 Maester

It might be interesting to have a back story with them.

8. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

You can tell us about your character here or here:
    http://mythicscribes.com/forums/dragon-s-egg-rpg/6640-getting-know-you-thread-7.html
    Getting to know you thread.

We'll still need to rp learning about your character until we have down time, then idle conversations could be accepted that would include history.

Your quote, Aliron could agree with. He is evil, not chaotic. (looking back, I think he is probably more true neutril, still within his diety though, 1 place different. But he does evil, often without the party knowing.):D:wink:
    Probably need to slip in a little more evil to make him honest to his alignment.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  9. Geek000

Geek000 Acolyte

Would D&D characters work for Dragon's Egg?