• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

illustration

Wynnara

Minstrel
My "day job" is as a freelance digital artist and web designer, but illustration in general and fantasy illustration in particular is an area I'm really trying to build out in my career. I have a background in animation so my stuff tends to be a bit more cartoony than realistic.

Enjoy...

A_hunter__s_best_friend_by_wynnara.jpg

World of Warcraft webcomic entry (Photoshop) - got an honourable mention in Blizzard's monthly contest

dcf7aae5aaf3ee9cda4210886c7baea6.jpg

Red Riding Hood (acrylic on canvas board)

sir_stumpy_as_st__george_by_wynnara-d3ijha3.jpg

Sir Stumpy as St. George (acrylic on canvas board) -- Sir Stumpy was the star of the animated short I created during my time as a student

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Lookin' good. Is that WoW cartoon something you do regularly?

I really like the colour, expression and form in the Red Riding Hood picture; you've made the wolf look suitably sinister and Red Riding Hood's shock is palpable. However, I'd have made the wolf a bit taller, so he dominates her a bit more and looks a bit more of a threat.

Wynnara

Minstrel
It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but I did a Illustration for Picture Book class earlier this year. These are a couple pieces that came out of it.

little_red_collecting_flowers_for_grandmother_by_wynnara-d5z6ts8.jpg

I had to laugh at the idea of me doing yet another Little Red Riding Hood piece, but that was the assignment. If I were to do it again, I would've liked to spend more time on the character design for Little Red, but overall I think the style works for me and something I wouldn't mind trying again.

parry_and_jack_by_wynnara-d5w9hkw.jpg

The assignment in this case was to riff off the style of another illustrator. This piece was done in Amanda Vissel's style--if you don't know who she is, check out all the great stuff on her website. There's a bit of a story behind this one where I drew inspiration from Terry Gilliam's movie, "The Fisher King". You can read more about that here if you're interested.