• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I'm guilty of slacking and stalking and...

Whitefur

Dreamer
......doing other things that were supposed to be done after creating a certain new and obligatory thread.
Now, without wolfing around more than I did, lets start with the most commonly used introduction.

Hey there. I’ve been sniffing around the forum for couple of days, and even posted a few replies in the novel area, all done before I introduced myself.

“I wonder why would you do that...”

Because I can :p. But that’s hardly an answer, isn’t it? It’s self explanatory why anyone should greet the pack before eating from their kill, so I won’t delve deeper into it. The reason why I went around this common ritual is because it’s too damn hot! The weather site I visit said there were 34 degrees Celsius yesterday, but this concrete oven of a city absorbs and retains heat better than a car left to bake in the sun ( one without air conditioning ). There wasn’t much I could besides melting away in my own, small inhabitation. Now, before I ramble more, lets continue before any of you sees through this lame shield that’s supposed to mask my laziness.

A few essential things to know about me is that I’m a 20 years old student with an interest for many things, writing being the first in line. I’ve started writing roughly two years ago when my instincts told me it would be better to re-write a chapter rather than critique it. The one received this favor didn’t mind either way ( nor did he care too much about it ), but it was important to me because that was the catalyst that stirred my will to write.

The first piece that I wrote was a 200k word monstrosity which got abandoned after 8 months or so after its glorious start. It was a fanfiction that I wrote together with my brother after I dragged him into this writing business by stubbornly pressing him that this is a better way to spend time rather than play video games in the spare time we had. It worked out well until the half of the book or so, when we both realized that the pace was moving slower than a slowed snail. I don’t remember exactly, but there must have been around 20 chapters about some guys trying to get out of a forest.

That was the first co-working project I worked on. Now we’re both here, and I admit without any kind of drawbacks that he’s the better writer and the more diligent reader and I’m also a bit envious because of his ability to plan short stories and see them finished. His name is Sinitar and he's been prowling around here in a more active way than I did.

To get to the last part, my preference with animals stands with wolves, dogs, foxes, coyotes… basically anything canidae. I also like anything to do with nature, to list a few of my preferences. Wildlife shows and documentaries are somewhat preferred over the usual Hollywood movies we see on TV these days, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no space left for the aforementioned category. It’s just that I kind of lost the taste for movies after so many things that repeat themselves. Plot, dialogues, characters… everything is used over and over again, but the ones who make said movies don’t seem to care about it.

As outdoor activities, I kind of like everything as long as I get to move through an area where plants did not completely give way to concrete and smells that are typical for big cities ( including urine in a few selective places ). If I could, I would move to a better city or even another country, but that’s not a viable possibility at the moment.

That would be all about it. I’ll see you guys around.

Last edited by a moderator: