• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Interesting Marketing Strategy

Twook00

Sage
Mark Lawrence (author of the Broken Empire trilogy) posted this on another site and I wanted to share. I'll just copy his post.

---
Site: http://themilliondollarbookshop.com/

There are many reasons we pick up a book, often as trivial as 'I liked the cover'. So on that basis here's another reason - the author donated to a children's charity and got their book on this board. Works for me.

I'm also interviewing the Million Dollar Bookshop authors on my blog at the rate of one a month. I've done Brad Beaulieu and Jason M Hough so far. Teresa Frohock up soon.

New authors/blog sites welcome, and if you just feel like giving then you can always add pixels to the cover of a favorite author.

That's an interesting approach. Its efficacy depends, presumably, on how many people actually see that page. But even if nobody sees it, at least you've donated to a children's charity. :)

Twook00

Sage
Most definitely. I think it could be very successful so long as it has the right people promoting it.

Bansidhe

Minstrel
I'm playing with the idea of custom-made thumb drives with free DLC a la Hugh Howey (one of the nicest people on the planet, really). Anyone tried this? If so, anything to be aware of, recommendations, etc?