1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Interesting Marketing Strategy

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Twook00, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Twook00

Twook00 Sage

Mark Lawrence (author of the Broken Empire trilogy) posted this on another site and I wanted to share. I'll just copy his post.

---
    Site: http://themilliondollarbookshop.com/

There are many reasons we pick up a book, often as trivial as 'I liked the cover'. So on that basis here's another reason - the author donated to a children's charity and got their book on this board. Works for me.

I'm also interviewing the Million Dollar Bookshop authors on my blog at the rate of one a month. I've done Brad Beaulieu and Jason M Hough so far. Teresa Frohock up soon.

New authors/blog sites welcome, and if you just feel like giving then you can always add pixels to the cover of a favorite author.

Philip Overby likes this.
  2. That's an interesting approach. Its efficacy depends, presumably, on how many people actually see that page. But even if nobody sees it, at least you've donated to a children's charity. :)

3. Twook00

Twook00 Sage

Most definitely. I think it could be very successful so long as it has the right people promoting it.

4. Bansidhe

Bansidhe Minstrel

I'm playing with the idea of custom-made thumb drives with free DLC a la Hugh Howey (one of the nicest people on the planet, really). Anyone tried this? If so, anything to be aware of, recommendations, etc?

5. Twook00

Twook00 Sage

That would be interesting! I'd be all over that.