• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Introductions

jrcarney52

Acolyte
Hello everyone! My name's Jason. I heard a podcast a while ago the featured the creator of Mythic Scribes. He seemed like an extremely interesting guy and therefore inspired me to check this site out.

I've been writing fiction for a long time now. It's one of my favorite past times.

Report on productivity: last year I wrote about 6 short stories and a novella. This year I've been more busy with my day job, and so I haven't been able to be as productive. I have, however, penned a lot of flash fictions, a genre of literature I'm actually becoming quite fond of -- you can do a lot with, say, 800 words.

I've written a novel, some novellas, and I've been creating a secondary world for fantasy tales for many years now. I think I started writing brief articles about my fantasy world back in 1994, and have been working on it consistently since then. The last time I checked, I had over 160,000 words of cultural, historical, economic, geographical, biographical data about my world. It's strange--the more my secondary world seems to take on a life of its own, the less I find myself citing it in my fiction. The incidental material--gods, cities, specific characters, specific places--is getting out of the way and the narratives are coming into stronger focus. Hmm...

Anyhow, a pleasure to meet everyone!

Jason

Guru Coyote

Archmage
That podcast seems to have been a great recruiter, I came here that way too.
Welcome in! Have a seat by the fire and share some stories.