• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ipad RPGs

danr62

Sage
Ok, so I recently got an Ipad and I've been playing some RPG's that I really enjoy. Here they are:

Life is Magic:
This is a location based RPG. You start out with your banner placed in an alternate version of our world standing in the same spot where you are physically located. You can go into street view to interact with nearby buildings, although this feature is not really that great because the game only left beta early this month. In world map view there are dungeons of levels 1-3 that you can try to defeat. There are 3 elements for these dungeons which are earth, fire, and water. There are also level 4 dungeons, but these are referred to as towers because they look like huge towers on the map. Also, if you beat the boss on the final floor of a tower you can claim it as yours if no one has already done so. You can only claim one tower in the world at this time, but you can beat as many as you want, the others just won't have your name on them as the owner, but you will be on the leaderboards for that tower.

Right now there are 3 classes, with a fourth being launched soon. I play a monk, which uses wind and water attacks and is also the healer class. Mages use fire and earth spells, and machinists use lightning and metal spells. You can have a party with up to 3 players, and partying is really an essential part of the game. You can't get far without one. Basically, when you party up with someone you can use their character when you go to dungeons, it's not like you have to follow them around or be online at the same time or anything.

PvP should be released about the same time as the fourth class. It probably has a lot to do with the towers, like stealing towers that somebody else has claimed or whatever.

Guardian Cross:

This is a Square Enix game and is a spinoff of one of the Final Fantasy games. Not sure which one for sure. In this game you collect cards that represent Guardians (summons) that you can control. The idea is to collect the best cards, level up and power up the cards, and compete against other players in the coliseum tournaments. There are three tournaments which are held weekly, along with other PvE (player vs. environment) events. The three tournaments are Novice, Master's, and Elite. Right now I'm getting creamed in the Master's coliseum.

Zenonia:

Fun game along the lines of the SNES Zelda game. Quirky humor. This is strictly single player. There is a whole series of these which I plan to continue after I beat the first one.

Infinity Blade:
This one is more hack n slash. A bit more gory with grotesque looking monsters you have to fight. You swipe across the screen to swing your sword and have to try to work your way through a bunch of minions until you reach the God King, then you have to fight him to avenge your father's death. If he kills you, you start over from the beginning, keeping all your gear and stats. Basically, it's an infinite loop of you dieing and your son (you in the next round) coming to avenge you. Once you beat the God King the loop doesn't stop though. The assumption is that you become the God King, and the next descendant still thinks the original God King killed his father as still carries on the vengeance pact. Also, once you beat the God King you learn about another, greater threat...which is why the loop has reason to continue.

Also, the monsters get harder each time you loop through it.

So, what I want to know is if anyone else has any recommendations?

camradio

Scribe
Knights of Pen & Paper is my favourite game on the iPad. It is an old school rpg, 8bit style graphics with a lot of humour in it. Would definitely recommend it. Infinity blade is a lot of fun as well.