• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Isn't life Wonderful

Justme

Banned
I got up this morning up in Minneapolis, Mn and took off froim there about 02:30 in the morning, heading East across the twin cities. I reached Wisconsin about 45 minutes later and took a 2 hour break in a rest area just over the border. I got up again just after 6 and started making my way towards Chicago and like 1000 times before I witnessed the awe and majesty of the beginning of a brand new day.

I could see the pine trees marching in endless rows as I passed them mile after mile and the canopy of the early dawn turning from the deepest purple flowing into a light blue. thin lines clouds lined the horizon like the last guardians of night and I watched as their dark lines lightened and were set afire by the glow of the coming dawn.

Around my I could see the deposits of a previous snowfall cover every part of the ground not covered in asphalt. It spread out over the median strip and covered the ground on either side of the 4-lane highway. There wasn't much traffic around me and even through the warm air blowing from the heater you could still feel the sparkly chill of the air outside.

Though I never have loved the cold, i could not ignore the feeling of being alive that it imbibed my spirit with. There's something about the cold chill of a wintery snow that giving me an intense rush and far more exhilaration than any Summer day has ever done.

I was just wondering wither you guys were a winter person or a Summer person and possibly hear a tale or two of how you feel about the season you prefer.

Life is full of stupid people, terrible weather, bad ideas, petty arguments, endagered animals, random disasters, crazy maniacs, insecurity, cruelty, ignorance, disease, injustice, violence, terror, horror, crime, corruption, fear, tragedy, sadness, and unfairness and I love all of it. Today, and all days to come, the world goes around for our sake.

Justme

Banned
Life is full of stupid people, terrible weather, bad ideas, petty arguments, endagered animals, random disasters, crazy maniacs, insecurity, cruelty, ignorance, disease, injustice, violence, terror, horror, crime, corruption, fear, tragedy, sadness, and unfairness and I love all of it. Today, and all days to come, the world goes around for our sake.

And this has what to do with t6he topic.

Chilari

Staff
I like winter because I get to see the sunrise and sunset on my way too and from work. I like spring because of the flowers, the scents of them and their beautiful colours. I like summer's long, lazy evenings and barbeques in the rain. I like autumn for the dramatic colours of the trees and the beauty of the first frosts. There's beauty to be seen in every season. But I like spring best because of Easter and my birthday, and thus lots of chocolate. Also the temperature is best in late spring, not too hot, but when it rains the smell of it on the roads is heavenly; you don't get the same smell when it rains in winter. Also the first smell of fresh cut grass in spring is amazing.