• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I've been putting this off

Hello everyone, I've been around the forums a day or two; Mostly lurking in the Worldbuilding and Research zones. I'm not really a fantasy writer, but I hope to fit in just the same; Hard Sci-Fi is the game.

I've been working on a personal project for quite a while. Trying to see if I can flesh it out into something concrete.

buyjupiter

Maester
I can't believe no one has give you the welcome speech yet. *checks magic scroll of welcoming* Well here goes:

Welcome to Mythic Scribes! Pull up a chair and join in. (Oh, you've already done that. Ok, check off participation.) Beware of the cats and halflings stepping out underfoot. There might be a dragon or two hereabouts, but they're (mostly) harmless.

And a word to the wise, while we mostly discuss fantasy here (with the exceptions being made for the film & TV section, chit chat subforum as well as the chat function) there is some discussion of SF. I might recommend altering the tropes in your WIP to the nearest fantasy equivalent, to keep it a little more "on topic" if you will. (I know there aren't any really good SF writing forums and after being spoiled by MS...it's kind of hard to go out looking for SF writer geeks.)

I actually started out writing hard SF, before I got here, believe it or not. The lovely people here kind of converted me into a fantasy storyteller. (Actually I was getting more fantasy/generic SFF ideas than I was hard SF, so I write more fantasy.)

I'd be interested in hearing about the project, as I'm sure others are as well.

Anywho, welcome, enjoy the stay, and have fun!

Oh don't get me wrong, I can swing fantasy. I'm mostly here to contribute and help others, I find that's the best way to learn. It'll be a long time before I bog down any forum with my own crap xD as it is.. just crap. Thanks though for the awesome welcoming speech! Hopefully I can contribute something here and there.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met SFP
I see that buyjuptier has done the heavy lifting so all that is left is to say hello...
Hello:wavespin:

buyjupiter

Maester
Hail and well met SFP
I see that buyjuptier has done the heavy lifting so all that is left is to say hello...
Hello:wavespin:

Well, we couldn't let the new person in without the speech of welcome, could we? We'd have the halflings in an uproar at being stepped on and the cats would be biting and hissing, lawsuits happen, and then where would we be? Cold and tracking down insulation for our cardboard boxes, etc etc. ;)

JRFLynn

Sage
Hello! Welcome Super Fun Pop! I probably won't bite if you step on my tail, I'm pretty mellow yellow :D Jump in anywhere and enjoy yourself, every tittle of contrib helps.

Ruby

Auror
Hi Super Fun Pop, and welcome. Like buyjupiter, I also write SF and Fantasy. This is a great place for developing that!

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
hello and welcome. This is a great group and always willing to lend a hand. So, yeah, glad to have you and please feel free to jump in with both feet. We don't bite. Well, most of us don't. :)