• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Joe the Gnarled

Joe the Gnarled strolled past the introductions board without a second look, "Bah, introductions" he mumbled to no one in particular. Suddenly he stopped. This was a surprise to even himself, for he normally did not participate in these cozy things. Best to let them know why I am here, he mused.

Joe entered the room with an inwardly sarcastic bow and addressed those who were listening. "I do not know how much time I have to spend here, for I am a busy man with little time for frivolous activities." He took a second to study the faces in the room. "The time I do have, however, I intend on using to hone my skills."

With an abrupt turn Joe headed for the exit. "I am off to tour your facility now. Good day."

Chilari

Staff
Heh, nicely done. Welcome to the forum. But aside from a sort of sarcastic politeness, we don't know anything about you. Who are your favourite authors? What themes do you like to write about? What trope is your secret guilty pleasure?

TWErvin2

Auror
Joe the Gnarled,

Glad you stopped by to say a word or two here, and hope to encounter you on the boards elsewhere.

Terry

As Joe reached the door he paused to listen to the inquiries flung at him from a female in the room. He flattened the smile on his face as he turned. Beneath his gruff exterior lay a friendly enough individual, however, one must keep up appearances.

“Ahh, you want to know more about me?” Joe paused to identify the inquiry flinger. She stood about his height wearing a quizzical expression on her face. “As I have said I am here to hone my skills. Ink and parchment. Grabbing the emotions of my readers and doing with them as I please. I strive to bring fear, tears, and joy. Longing, love and excitement. Is this not why we are all here?”

Joe sat next to the young lady he was addressing. “I believe you had other questions. My favorite authors are many and varied. I have long been a fan of Michale Crichton, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Pat Conroy. Currently I am reading Tamora Pierce.
Answering the next question would be more difficult for Joe has dabbeled in many different writing themes and has not yet found a favorite. That is not to say that he is good at any of them, just that he has experimented with them all. He stammered, “I… play in all fields of writing.”

With a mischievous look he answered the final question. “My secret guilty pleasures are my own. Otherwise they would not be secret.”

Having answered the already asked questions Joe sat and waited.