• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Just joined!

I'm known in Twitter and in blogging as TermiteWriter because I write books about giant intelligent termites. I'm self-published and have produced four books so far. My books have been called literary science fiction. I don't write true fantasy; my material doesn't utilize magic. I used to write a high fantasy type of book but never published any of that material. I'm also partial to retellings of myth and utilize that widely. Follow me on Twitter @TermiteWriter, or visit my blogs, Ruminations of a Remembrancer or The Labors of Ki'shto'ba Huge-Head. I look forward to making some interesting contacts at this site!

I can't promise to go in that direction, but I do think I can contribute something to this forum, particularly in the area of World Building and Language Creation, since I've published four books to this point and have 5 more in the "Labors of Ki'shto'ba Huge-Head" series ready or close to being ready to publish. I've written two conlangs for my books (Shshi, the language of intelligent termites) and !Ka<ta (a language of an avian alien species), and I'm a member of the Language Creation Society. I hope to participate in appropriate threads, although right now I'm a little bogged down, so it may be a while before I become really active.

To Locofool - they really ARE awesome! I got my idea years ago from the docmentary "Mysterious Castles of Clay," about the fungus-growing, castle-building African termites. Right away, I thought, "Wow! Those would make a great candidate to evolve into an intelligent species!" It took me something like 25 years to get around to writing the books!

I would welcome that! Just go to one of my blogs (see my first post above) and the sidebar will give you all the links you need! There are also sample chapters on both blogs.