• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Just wandered in.

Which animals do you like best?

• Birds

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Lizards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

• Rodents

• Insects

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I stumbled across this website when simply googling "Fantasy writing forums" as I felt it would be nice to properly write down some of my stories and post them somewhere. As for my writing, I as of this moment, do not have any actual written stories to post yet. I run a game of Pathfinder (Basically Dungeons and Dragons) and I focus mostly on world building and characters and only worry about the game mechanics last. My players are receptive to my style and seem to enjoy the stories I make up for my world but I have to keep a lot of things secret for them as to not spoil the game. So I thought of looking for somewhere I could just write some of my stories and post them without the hassle of considering how it would effect the game and other things like that, just post the stories I write and nothing more.

As for some information on me personally, my time is split into basically four activities, Working at Petsmart, Taking care of my various pets at home, world building and thinking up stories both for my game and simply to entertain myself, and then chatting with people both online and in real life.

I'm writing this post before work so I won't be reading many forum posts or making any of my own right away but I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have made and sharing my own stuff when I have more time.

Hello again, out of chat. Why'd you have to make the quiz so hard? I finally chose birds, but reptiles are neck and neck with them for me. Anyways, hi, thanks for the quiz and see you when you wander back into chat.

Hello again, out of chat. Why'd you have to make the quiz so hard? I finally chose birds, but reptiles are neck and neck with them for me. Anyways, hi, thanks for the quiz and see you when you wander back into chat.
Hello again! I just made a category for every kind of animal in my room, except rodents because my two rats passed of old age recently and I don't like replacing my pets so ill most likely be without for a bit. Although the shipment my work got in had rats that are testing my resolve, if they don't sell soon i'm going to cave and take them home.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Denis von Strausburg
Good to have you here.
I think I need a bit more clarification. Are the animals rated for food, company, usefulness or overall coolness?
I love Dragonflies and Bees and who doesn't like an Axolotl or a Sea Cucumber.
See you around the forums!

I think I need a bit more clarification. Are the animals rated for food, company, usefulness or overall coolness?
I love Dragonflies and Bees and who doesn't like an Axolotl or a Sea Cucumber.
Was going for overall coolness I suppose. Also you are now officially my favorite person on this board, I study Entomology so your love of Dragonflies and Bees has won you some points with me. Also I was considering getting an Axolotl but my room gets too warm and they are cold water aquatics, and water chillers cost a fortune.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Was going for overall coolness I suppose. Also you are now officially my favorite person on this board, I study Entomology so your love of Dragonflies and Bees has won you some points with me. Also I was considering getting an Axolotl but my room gets too warm and they are cold water aquatics, and water chillers cost a fortune.
Well, thank you for that. Dragon flies are just uber-cool. I live near a mere [sort of a marsh with more water] where they congregate in their hundreds. A walk around there early on a sunny day and you can hear the buzzing! I am amazed that they don't track their prey but move to where it is going to be to strike.
on the flip side, I'm trying to buy a fish tank chiller for work [not for fish but humans - long story but it involves pain and the human hand] and you are right... They cost a fortune!