• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Let's talk about Bruno

Okay, so I just watched the new Disney movie Encanto, and I'm obsessed. If anyone else is, here's just a small thread where we can all talk about Bruno (or anything else to do with Encanto) :).

I mentioned to an acquaintance yesterday that I'm sick to death of Frozen popping up everywhere, particularly merchandise. She said just wait, Encanto will replace it soon. I've never watched Encanto.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
I did like the sing about bruno but i think this is another one that shows disney needs pixar more than pixar needs disney. Maybe they should walk down the hall and ask pixar what they need.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I've only seen clips of 'Encanto' and read a bit of commentary. My uninformed impression is that Bruno was more sinned against (by the old woman?) than a sinner himself. She wanted him silent about something (the origin of the house/family?) and he left for a (long?) time to keep that secret and keep his distance.

I also have the uninformed and unfounded suspicion it is not so much the family or the house, but the land where it sits. Something happened there.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, I did see Encanto, and I must admit, I have already forgotten a bit of it. I think you are pretty much right on with Bruno. He was believed to have done something terrible, but really was self exiled for the good of everyone else. I think the song about him is the most memorable. I dont think this movie will replace Frozen, but the next Pixar one might--I think it is buzz lightyear. For what its worth, I thought this movie, like so many others, would be full of a bunch of 'woke' messages, but it was not. The music was good, which is usually the most memorable parts, and the story was okay. I would not avoid this one, but its not Pixar. Coco is a better movie ;) Just my opinion.