• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

LF Alpha Writing Group

Pablo Camp

Dreamer
Hullo there!

I am looking to join a group or gather enough sci.fi/fantasy novelists to form one. I'm looking for committed people who can provide feedback anywhere from twice per month to once per week, sharing between 1,000 and 3,500 words of their own work to be read by the rest of the group.

My idea is to post the fragments on, say, Mondays and have the rest of the week to carefully read them. Then on Saturday, we post our comments/critiques for each one and have Sundays to read the critiques. Then the loop begins anew. You're welcome to write an introduction for your fragments - comment on difficult bits and ask for advice, explain what you were trying to accomplish, highlight something you'd like us to give special attention to, and whatnot.

I used to be in one such group and I must say it was awesome, but then it crumbled due to life turning hectic. I'm aware things may take a turn for the worse, but I'm looking to put together/join a dedicated group, solid and close to one another.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Here's to working with some of you guys!

Pablo Camp

Dreamer
In my experience, if you're working in a small group - say no more than four people, it's not as time-consuming as it sounds. It all depends on the number of people in the group and the size of what they post

Ayaka Di'rutia

Troubadour
I'd be willing to participate. I have a lot of material that I'm writing and editing this year, and wouldn't mind some feedback on chunks of it.

If you created a group, Pablo, would you do it via a forum, or some other way?