1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Little Archipelago - Land of exiles?

Discussion in 'Archipelago Archive' started by Kenny Smith, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Kenny Smith

Kenny Smith Dreamer

May I suggest this be an Island for exiles, something akin to what Australia was for?
    A set of Islands with an Ireland-type biome?
    If you wouldn't mind, I would like to write a short for on this island.

2. myrddin173

myrddin173 Maester

I moved this from the main thread as we try to keep them for "finished" bits.

I don't really have anything against the idea, and there is nothing canon for that group of islands so there isn't anything restricting you. I would say do a little world-building for the area and write the short.

Edit: I don't know about the Ireland-type climate, I, or someone more knowledgeable, will get back to you on that

3. JCFarnham

JCFarnham Auror

That little group of islands is below the 45th parallel (45th parallel north - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

That means its like the southern half of the North American continent, southern europe and most of spain, or below. For that reason an Irish biome wouldn't particularly work, but you could have anything similar from USA below the lakes, through italy, to China. Quite a range of climates and biomes and such really.

Hope that gives you some kind of idea of what could be possible :)

4. Kenny Smith

Kenny Smith Dreamer

Ah, so a little more balmy?
    Hmm...Imagining it rather rocky still, but relatively quite.
    Inactive volcano perhaps somewhere in there?
    Pine forests, an ecology similar to Colorado, with its wooded hills and rocky forest mountains.
    Likeable?