1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Looking Back

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thecoldembrace, Oct 13, 2015.

1. thecoldembrace

thecoldembrace Sage

When you look back at the writer that you were years ago when your crazy journey began and now, what do you think has changed? How has your writing improved? Has it improved? Have your goals changed? How has your stories morphed to fit the changing you?

Just curious at what people respond with.

-Cold

2. Tom

Tom Istar

Well, I've certainly improved in every way possible! The other day, in fact, I was looking over some of my old writing and laughing at my stupid mistakes and bad ideas. One thing I've improved at significantly is worldbuilding and character development. My old characters were often unembellished archetypes, while my worlds were standard medieval fantasy worlds that borrowed heavily from D&D and other fantasy staples.

thecoldembrace likes this.
  3. ThinkerX

ThinkerX Myth Weaver

I am finishing more things now than I did back then.

4. I'm more committed to my work, and I'm taking world building a little more seriously. Haven't finished anything yet, but I'm closer to my goal with my current WIP than I've ever been with my past ones.

5. Stephyn Blackwood

Stephyn Blackwood Minstrel

God... My old stuff was so horribly childish! I've certainly progressed in the maturity of what I'm trying to write, exploring far more mature themes and I think I'm improving in my ability to create interesting characters who aren't just the standard archetypes/clichés. Still not anywhere near publishing level, but getting there... Maybe.

6. spectre

spectre Sage

My story approach hasn't changed but my poetry is no longer delusional.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk