• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Magical Olympics - Winter

berkeleyjake

Dreamer
I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for winter sports for a magical Olympics. Though it would have to be without mountains. Different parts involve snow, ice, or cold in general.

So far I'm looking at:
A magical relay race under a frozen lake with limited places to come up for air and tag the next person in the relay.
A large scale magically assisted snow fort battle

Any other ideas anyone can give me? Use any fantasy world you want for the ideas. I'll adapt it to my story later on if it doesn't completely fit.

Thank you.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Two I can think of are...
Ice yachts powered by magic/demons? They fill the sails with "wind" or otherwise push the ice yacht.
Curling using magical animals as the stones. or esp/second-sight to guide the stones.

Dog sled race, only the sleds are pulled by a mythical creature: werewolves in their wolf forms, or gryphons, or something.

Last edited:
snow sculpture conjuration: who can create the pretties snow sculpture out of thin air
blizard broom-stick flying: fly through a magicaly created blizard to see who's fastest
ice-dart shooting at a target

Fox

Dreamer
Perhaps something like who can keep themselves warm in negative(?) celsius weather using fire magic. Or maybe using any kind of magic, opening the door for more possibilities. It could be a test of creativity as much as mana endurance.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
The events in the original Olympics were derived from war and training for war. You might find some inspiration there.

Reactions: Fox