• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Making It Up as I Go

Hey everyone, I'm excited to be here. I've been looking for a decent forum for fiction writers online for a while now. My name is Nicholas, and I'm an avid reader and writer. I've been making stuff up my entire life, and I finally got around to writing some of the less abstract things down over the past year.

Outside of reading and writing science fiction and fantasy I run a small shared workspace near where I live. I went to school for Electrical Engineering and I occasionally use the degree to make money. I like to learn about anything I can get my hands on, regardless of how esoteric it may be. My favorite non-fiction/non-writing topics are business, self-improvement, productivity, and marketing. I also play Dungeons and Dragons nearly every week, so feel free to complain about your DM with me if you want.

I just started a blog, and I've been spending a lot of time writing on that. Aditionally, I hope to self-publish a novella early next year. And I'm looking for a group of people who enjoy writing and fantasy as much as I do and that can help me improve, learn and give constructive feedback. I am looking forward to meeting all you wonderful people as I poke around here.

Peace and Progress,
StepIntoTheRoad

Last edited:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met StepIntoTheRoad
Good to have you here.
Decent forum? I guess most of us that wear clothes are dressed...
Mythic Scribes is full of information, questions, support, advice, writing challenges, and the occasional robust discussion.
And This is how I view DMs :whistle:

:LOL: My party and I have now changed our DM's name from "God" to "Mom" in our chat. So I'm sure he's thankful for your picture. I thought it was funny.

Russ

Istar
Welcome aboard STR. If you are looking for a decent forum for fiction writers, you are in the wrong place...we think of ourselves far better than that!

Feel free to jump into the conversations anywhere with your ideas, we always enjoy new voices here. And if you don't see the topic on your mind under discussion right now start up your own thread and let's see where it goes.

Thoras

Minstrel
Welcome Nicholas!

I'm fairly new to the forum myself, but my experience so far has been nothing but great so far - so I'm sure you'll enjoy it too!
See you around!