• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Making superpowers a Magic system of sorts

Ewolf20

Minstrel
since you guys were talking about rules. i don't know what to do with mine. i was gonna do a hard magic system of sorts for my "superhero" idea but i don't know how to go about it.

the main premise was that each person have their own take on their power. not all people fire powers work the same way just as people with telekinesis don't work the same way. problem is that wizards and witches are a thing and their magic system (or lack thereof) exist as well. i'm gonna be super honest and say i barely watch boku no hero or watched it enough to understand how the power system even work. what i could manage was a tier system and energy being manipulated that wills powers into existence. oh and also, most superhumans gained their powers when they have great levels of stress or had a near death experience.

now tell me, since it's vague, how fast will this get exploited and make most supers "overpowered"? suppossing so, how might you make this balanced in the long run without crippling the super in question.

ScaryMJDiamcreep

Troubadour
The tier system sounds a lot like what's in place in Toaru Majutsu no Index and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. Look into those, they sound like the solution to all your problems. It's even a system where there's super powers and magic in the same world.