• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Marco here

Hello everyone!
I am a fan of fantasy and fantasy gaming. I am currently working on a fantasy RPG for the PC. When I am not doing that, I am teaching English to kids who don't understand the concept that the rest of the world doesn't speak Japanese. I have written one book (which if you are feeling stalkery you can find by typing Marco Tacca into google and taking a look at what pops up in Amazon), but I don't really think of myself as an author.

I look forward to interacting with you all, and perhaps joining in on that rpg I see happening here if there are any openings. There are such a massive number of posts, it is a little daunting to wade through.

-Marco

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
@Marco, welcome! I checked out your site this morning. You're the third person on this site who teaches English to non-native speakers and likes his fantasy goofy. (Phil Overby being the first, and the second is a guy who wants to make a comic out of crappy pencil sketches.)

If the RPG you intend to join is Dragon's Egg, I think it would be a very convenient time for a new player to pop into the game and help the Philster's paladin not die. You'll have to PM the GM of either game (Steerpike for Dragons Egg; Nimue for Winds of Ysgard), and you can always express your interest more publicly by posting to one of these threads:

* The Dragon's Egg "welcome thread"
* The Winds of Ysgard "welcome thread"

Hah. Thank you kindly for the direction and even more so for checking out the website. I shall consult the gm about potential Paladin savior promptly.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
SP's a traveling lawyer-slash-superhero, so it might be a while before he gets back to you.

Also, you leveled up. I think you're allowed to create a signature that links to your site. Maybe you need to wait until Lv.2 (10 posts) to do that. I forget. Either way, you should shamelessly link to your site when you can.

I have a great lack of shame :D That and as an acolyte I feel like I should do some sort of ritual in a robe. Maybe summon some web demon from the abyss to force everyone to my site.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes! Thanks for joining our community. You should PM the undeniably cool and unfathomably talented Philip Overby. He's located somewhere in Japan as well.

Saigonnus

Auror
@Marco, welcome! I checked out your site this morning. You're the third person on this site who teaches English to non-native speakers and likes his fantasy goofy. (Phil Overby being the first, and the second is a guy who wants to make a comic out of crappy pencil sketches.)

I have to say that you are somewhat mistaken Sidekick. I teach English to spanish speakers everyday... It is my bread and butter, and also what the wifey does.

Welcome to the site Marco! Feel free to just into any thread that suits your fancy, and don't worry, we don't bite....... Hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaver

Staff
...and don't worry, we don't bite....... Hard.

Don't mind Saigonnus, Marco. He's our resident 5,000 year old vampire lord who only feeds on those without families.

In other words, he's relatively harmless.

Seriously though, DO NOT play liar's dice with this guy. If you do play, DO NOT make any bets.

I can't honestly say that he cheats but I'm pretty sure he has the ability to manipulate matter.

I was never one to gamble anyway. All the same, I shall keep my family close as human body shields, just in case.

Hello Marco

I LOVE POTO! (Though IMHO the musical is better than the book. But I might just have a crappy translation.)
Oh dear ... you've brought up musicals. I'm afraid now we're past the point of no return- no turning back now!

Family as human shields = brilliant. I have a feeling you'll fit right in here.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes!

-Stephanie

Last edited:
Thank you kindly for the welcome. I shall do my best to feed everyone's addictions to odd things. I like to feed off the obsessive energies.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I have to say that you are somewhat mistaken Sidekick. I teach English to spanish speakers everyday... It is my bread and butter, and also what the wifey does.
Oops. My mistake. I have no idea how many ESL teachers are on this site.

Well, uh… Marco, you might still be the third member here who taught ESL in Asia. (Phil in Japan, me in Hong Kong '05-'08)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not all that surprised to be honest. I would say at least a quarter of the ESL teachers I know are writers of some sort. It kind of seems to be the natural progression from one job to the next.