1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Matching MS Gifts To Members

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sparkie, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie Auror

This isn't marketing, I swear!

I've been perusing the Mythic Scribes shop (looking at things I can't afford to buy), and I started having a little fun thinking of gifts for some of our members here. Stuff like "I know who'd like that," or "This would be appropriate for so-and-so," that kind of thing. Here's what I have so far:

T. Allen Smith - Apron (For when he does all the cooking at the Official Mythic Scribes Dinner Party. :p)

FatCat - Shot Glass (Inside joke here.)

Phil the Drill - Gym Bag (He was a wrestler, after all.)

Chilari - Teapot (Diet or not, she can still enjoy a little tea, no?)

Legendary Sidekick - Messenger Bag (For the hopefully soon-to-be school principal/fantasy web comic author.)

Ireth - Stadium Blanket (For those cold Canadian winters.)

Steerpike - Mug (For when he puts milk in his tea.)

*****​

That's all I have from the official lists in the shop. Now on to the real fun stuff: Made-up gifts for members!

Reaver - Official Mythic Scribes Flak Jacket (I just think he should have one.)

Caged Maiden - Official Mythic Scribes Pin Cushion (For the costume creator.)

Sheilawisz - Official Mythic Scribes Magic Staff (I also nominate Sheila for the post of Official MS Sorceress.)

Anders Amting - Official Mythic Scribes Scabbard Set (Comes in various sizes for all your sword-sheathing needs.)

Steepike - Official Mythic Scribes Prologue-Remover (I'm not sure what it is or how it works, but Steepike needs one.)

Little Storm Cloud - Official Mythic Scribes pickup truck from the Twister movie (Comes with product placement of your choice.)

Benjamin Clayborne - Official Mythic Scribes Andriod Schematic Wallscroll (Another inside joke here.)

Ankari - Official Mythic Scribes Dungeon Master's Screen (For the hope that, one day, Dragon's Egg with be played on a tabletop.)

Ravana - Official Mythic Scribes Book: Everything you wanted to know about everything but were afraid to ask (Redundant, really. Ravana will have already read it.)

Black Dragon - Official Mythic Scribes Autographed Set Of Peter Jackson Photos (One when he was fat, one when he wasn't!)

Ok, I may have gotten carried away here. Anyone else have imaginary gift ideas?

2. Sheilawisz

Sheilawisz Queen of Titania Moderator

Thanks for the Official Mythic Scribes Magic Staff, Sparkie!!

Yeah, that would be a perfect gift for me, with a magical purple crystal on the top, just like Gandalf's staff... and hey, being the Official MS Sorceress sounds great too =)

I am not sure yet what would be the perfect imaginary gift for you, but I'll post something when a get a good idea.

3. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

I could definitely use an extra blanket some nights. ^^ Thanks!

4. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

I'm glad that you noticed the Mythic Scribes shop. We haven't officially announced it yet, but it's up and taking orders:

Mythic Scribes Emporium

We've always refused to take donations. This is a way for people to help us out and get something cool in return. :)

Philip Overby and Reaver like this.
  5. Chilari

Chilari Staff Moderator

Oh this is so cool.

Shame I'm not actually a tea drinker. Yes, I'm British, but I don't like tea. No this doesn't revoke my citizenship.

6. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

For Sparkie, I think the Official Mythic Scribes Flagon would make a fine gift.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    Sparkie likes this.