• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Member of the Month

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Sooooo, I just had this idea pop into my head, so pardon me for my lack of a constructed post.

What a nice way to give thanks to those that help others on the forums?

I was thinking some kind of Member of the Month block either for the home page or in the upper margin or to the right of the logo. The person chosen should be one who the moderators, or, if possible, one chosen by the active members of the forum, that has proven to be a very contributing, helpful, and kind member towards the members in this little (but growing) online community!

The winner of the month could have a link to their profile via a little block by the logo with their picture, name, etc. and could possibly even have some of their work showcased from that. They could even earn some rep points or whatnot?

Your thoughts? And, as always, just a suggestion :)

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Also, instead of having their name and picture all big and whatnot, why not have like a scrolling ticker or news feed kind of thing below the navigation menu or logo? Or even within the menu? It could have a welcome to the newest member on it, another announcement like NaNoWriMo beginning, and then the MotM (Member of the month). Even latest announcments regarding the forums and whatnot. Each could have a link to its corresponding item.

Just a few more ideas for it. Those scrolling text bars or tickers, whatever the bloody things are called, aren't too difficult to find on the internet, but, then again, I'm no real genious when it comes to coding.