• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Misadventures at Summer Camp

Voydemain

Acolyte
Reluctant to be at summer camp, a boy finds that this particular camp offers a hidden program that was not on the brochure.

In short, the hidden program is for hardcore campers. Each year a candidate must make it through the initiation trial of finding the secret campsite that is moved each year. From there, instead of sleeping in a cabin and eating at the mess hall these survival campers hunt and forage their own food and make their own sleeping arrangements. There are of course camp hijinx such as snipe hunting, capture the flag, scavenger hunts, ect. The problem is, I don't know to end it. I want it to eventually answer the reason why someone would design a camp inside a camp. I just can't figure out why. Then again I'm not sure if I want paranormal incidences to occur either, which could explain the existence of the hidden survival camp. Some along the lines of only the survival campers are trained to notice such things. Regardless, it is quite rare even for them. Such as there might be an occasional bigfoot or UFO sighting or something like that, or even something mythical such the fay. That might give it a Gravity Falls feel though. I am not sure I want that or not.

Regardless, as the main character becomes a regular of this hidden survival camp program he is given a token after each year of completion. These tokens are keys that unlock special privileges around the camp such as the restricted library section in the quartermaster supply shack, or secret cache in the woods. Since the main character is one of the who got into the program on his first year at the camp he has the potential to obtain all the token keys and gain access to the all the camps secrets. Though I have no idea what those secrets should be. It could end up being a government funded training facility for super soldiers or future leaders. As I said, I have no idea how to end this thing. Any suggestions?