• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Moana (make way make way for spoilers)

Loved the show and so did my two year old who loved Maui fighting the ka. What really interested me was how much of a hero's hound it was. Grandma dying, coming back as a ghost, Maui leaving and coming back all that stuff. Really great show though.

And the best soundtrack fir the modern CGI Disney musicals.

kdl121

Dreamer
I just watched this movie last night (finally!) :D I think I need to watch it a few more times, it's not my favorite Disney princess movie, but I did definitely enjoy it. The soundtrack was different, unique (in my opinion) from other princess films. I felt like i was on an island the whole time. I think my favorite song was "Know Who You Are" <3

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I loved the movie, and so did my 8-year-old sister. She even wants me to buy it, and frankly I do too, but sadly I can't afford it right now.

The soundtrack is fantastic, thanks in no small part to the involvement of Lin-Manuel Miranda of Hamilton fame. And who knew The Rock could carry a tune so well? :D

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
We saw it in theaters. It's a great movie.

I did love the music, but it's still behind Frozen and some of the classics for me, although "You're Welcome" is up there. I was hugely impressed, however, with the CGI, especially the detail put into the extra characters during ship sailing scenes. You can tell they really went all out with it.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Yeah, my 9-year old daughter is in love with it, but not Frozen level in love, LOL. I'm a Hey Hey the rooster lover, I relate to his character, stumbling through life and somehow managing to survive, heh heh.

As for the Rock's singing, it does make me wonder just how auto-tuned he was... although you have to wonder that about everybody these days, LOL.