• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Monsters

mijo

Scribe
I wouldn't copy these directly, because of copyrights.
But it is a good reference.

Last edited:

ALB2012

Maester
Yes good for ideas. I am wondering about creatures for future books so I may be using these. I think book 3 will have harpies and gargoyles. I have a giant acid spitting salamander in book2, they are nasty;)

ALB2012

Maester
Yeah it is more here is the triple headed pig dog wolf beast of og feel free to come up with something equally weird

Aravelle

Sage
Ohhh, I was going to recommend Monstropedia!

One other great source for monsters: any book on prehistoric creatures. What better place to look for muse than science and history? :D

Jess A

Archmage
Ohhh, I was going to recommend Monstropedia!

One other great source for monsters: any book on prehistoric creatures. What better place to look for muse than science and history? :D

Agreed, I do it all the time:

image0121.jpg
- helicoprion

In fact, whilst googling for that picture, I came across:

Top 10 Terrifying Prehistoric Sea Monsters | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net (where I got the photo)

And:

Top 10 Bizarre Prehistoric Animals | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net

Not the best lists but if you look up prehistoric animals in general, or ancient sea monsters, you'll find some incredible things. There are numerous DVDs (Walking With series) and books/collections out there.

One of the above links led me to a list called "Top 10 Monsters in the Bible." One of the entries was "The 200 Million Horsemen" which is apparently a massive army of supernatural cavalry set to show up during Armageddon.

"Their horses have the heads of lions, tails like serpents, and spit smoke, fire and brimstone out of their mouths. Eventually, they’re responsible for the deaths of a third of all mankind. The horsemen army is led by four fallen angels, which is never good."

The-200-Million-Horsemen-560x274.jpg

Okay, that's just metal.

ALB2012

Maester
Hehe how are those lion horse things running? The have claws not hooves?
I wonder if they ever bite themselves in their own behind with the snakes... someone has been on the late night cheese munching... hmm that sounds wrong

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Oh come on... laser mouth lions for the win. Hahha. The only thing missing is if they all combined into Super Voltron.