• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

more areas

BabiesGame

Acolyte
a suggestion get the forum owners to make more areas for posting that way the forum will become more popular,the lack of areas is a turn off i noticed myself when signing up but there are not that many forums for writers

Kelise

Maester
Do you have any suggestions?

If anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free to post them here also.

Kaellpae

Inkling
A Worldbuilding Proposition is getting quite a few hits. I know a couple of the Editors in Chief were hoping to get a subforum so we could list the rules in a sticky and have a bit more organized place for islands.
We're up to 13 pages and it's starting to get a bit complicated looking up previous information.

That's all I had. I've noticed lull hours, but I would rather have lull hours than too many people. That tends to end up with spam and trolling.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
BabiesGame said:
get the forum owners to make more areas for posting that way the forum will become more popular

We're definitely open to this. When we were new, we were hesitant to add new areas because there weren't enough members to keep them active. We've grown to the point that adding a few more areas would be a good thing.

Let us know what you'd like to see, and we'll see how much interest there is.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Kaellpae said:
A Worldbuilding Proposition is getting quite a few hits. I know a couple of the Editors in Chief were hoping to get a subforum so we could list the rules in a sticky and have a bit more organized place for islands.

We can make this happen. First, let us know what this area should be called. Perhaps naming it after the world itself would work.

Also, we can make the folks who are spearheading this project moderators, so that they can control how the content is organized. Have them send me private messages with more info.

At some point we can also look into adding a wiki to present finalized details about this world.

Kaellpae

Inkling
JCFarnham, Myrddin173, and myself seem to be the most frequent contributors. I'll make sure one of us gets ahold of you with the details.

We are looking into a wiki format once we have the world in a more fleshed-out, concrete idea.

Amanita

Maester
At the moment, I don't really think there aren't enough forums here, but if we want to split something I could see it happen with the writing-questions forum.
It might be helpful to divide this between author-specific questions (How do I write the death of X after Y and Z have happend) and general questions (Do you read stories where one of the main characters dies? How do you want them to be written?)

BabiesGame

Acolyte
Well i was thinking a general discussion area and possible some other areas i will post the other area ideas after i post this

Kelise

Maester
We have Off Topic that gets a lot of general discussion. If you could be more specific it would be easier to discuss adding more areas to the forums.