• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

naming gods

hi how do one name gods usually good at the naming thing but l having one of those moments where i cant give name to a god this god is one protagonist and mentor at the same time. he is the god of assassins , thieves and servants he was tricked by a demon or mad god now he making penance guiding a princess that very basics

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well...whatever the name, I would want it to be one that made cultural sense with the other names used in the book. Without knowing that, it would just be a shot in the dark.

Could you supply the name of some other gods in the story?

Well...whatever the name, I would want it to be one that made cultural sense with the other names used in the book. Without knowing that, it would just be a shot in the dark.

Could you supply the name of some other gods in the story?
that the thing i have created them yet this the first character i making i create characters first i know the mad god or demon will have powerful dark sound like raw or wirth that sounding in it but the other gods not sure

Last edited:

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Well, what are the names of your characters? Are they based on any particular human culture? Would I have to consider that they are not the culture who invented these gods, (such as the maybe the romans borrowing the Greek gods or such). Is there any sound or feel you are trying to capture?

If you want, I could just throw out random names, but that would be no different than a random name generator I could find on the internet.

Well, what are the names of your characters? Are they based on any particular human culture? Would I have to consider that they are not the culture who invented these gods, (such as the maybe the romans borrowing the Greek gods or such). Is there any sound or feel you are trying to capture?

If you want, I could just throw out random names, but that would be no different than a random name generator I could find on the internet.
for now thinking mixture of things with mortals maybe the old spelling of names like magyk for magic and so on