• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo 2011 Participants

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
So who plans on participating in NaNoWriMo this year?

If you're taking part, declare your goals in this thread, and tell us a little about what you'll be working on.

Kelise

Maester
I shall be :D

My goal is 75k. Doing my own story (don't know what it is yet, I avoid plots until Nov 1st) and then 25k of my partners, who's rebelling on the rules, and we're co-writing a futuristic... thingything.

I'm also one of those running official word wars on the official NaNo twitter: @NaNoWordSprints so be sure to check in there if you like sprints. I think there'll be something running ni most time zones on most days.

Argentum

Troubadour
My goal is 101k or more. It's my current work in progress. It was self published in the beginning, but I'm going to redo the entire thing and totally up the quality.

Amanita

Maester
I'm still not sure if I'm going to participate or not. But I have two and a half days left to decide after all. ;)
I like the challenge but the new side over there is annoying me extremely. Most of the basic forum features missing and no hint that they might come in time. But the "really important things" like halos for the donators are there. :confused:
And I know that I won't be able to give my main story justice in this amount of time, therefore I'd have to write another one. I have one, but I'm still not sure if I want to spent the time with it.

Shadoe

Sage
I'm going to try, but it's going to be a hell of a challenge. I'm working 12 hour days at work, and then I have two, probably three weekends that I have to spend driving home and back. Oh, and I have a database that was supposed to be finished last week but I haven't got to yet.

I will probably die.

I'm going to try, though I've been sick and tired and I know I will probably continue to be so through November. Blah.

Anyway, I haven't officially decided on what I want to do yet, but I'm sort of leaning toward a story I came up with a few months ago. I intended it to be a short story, but I left it too long and it's grown too complex in my head. Now I can't help but explore it fully. I don't know that it will end up a very long novel, but I don't see it being less than the 50,000 words.

myrddin173

Maester
I will be attempting it. Since its my first time I am going for the base 50k. The plan is to a novel that has been evolving in my mind for the past six years. I just actually finished my outline so I am good to go.

Ghost

Inkling
I'm struggling to think of an idea I can use. Most of mine require too much research. I thought of doing an action spoof, but now I may write a horror novel.

My main goal is to get into the habit of writing. I slack off way too much. Recently, I've been flooded with ideas, and they keep piling up in my notes. I need to buckle down and write, so I can finally get them out of my head.

I'm going for it and the 50K. since this is my first nano I decided I would shoot for the minimum goal.
my story is about bastards and war and love and all that good stuff. I literally can't wait to start writing tomorrow, if you catch my meaning.

Shadoe

Sage
I'm going to say I'll be trying it. I have several family situations going on right now that will probably make my trial die a quick and grisly death, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Chilari

Staff
I'm going for the standard 50K. In a challenge last night, before midnight, I wrote a synopsis in under 140 characters, so here it is:

Pregnant Bredyn seeks revenge on her princely former lover, helped by a scarred fallen noble and a man who has bound himself to a ghost.

Linqy

Scribe
I'm definitely participating!
I don't have a definite goal as to how many words I want to write, but I just want to get this story down on paper in the end.
It's gonna be semi-autobiografic and will hopefully allow me to show others a little more about me than they might know :O

Angharad

Troubadour
I'm doing a modified version. I really need to make some progress on the novel I'm currently working on, and I don't want to start anything new. I have 10,000 words or so, and I keep tweaking and revising what I've already written instead of continuing with the story. So I've challenged myself to write 30,000 words of new material this month, and no revisions allowed.

pskelding

Troubadour
1431 words for day one, 200 with my son in one hand typing with the other!

The scene is a bit rough but it's there and I did forget some details I had intended to put in but that's for editing in January after I finish this 100,000 word novel.

Go us!!

Amanita

Maester
I've started the story and reached the 2000 word goal, but at the moment, I think it completely sucks.

Shadoe

Sage
I got one time-sucking issue off my plate. I hope. So I'm hoping I can at least get 2000 words a day going.