• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Need writers for MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfiction

Troubadour
I'm one of the assistant writers for the Ryuu Online project. Plz contact me. Our head writer says we need about two more writers.

SKYPE morfiction.

We need lots of material!

Here's what we got so far.

An MMO is a massively multiplayer online game, mostly RPGs.

In the land of Ryuu, a land of Dragons, there was a great ruler named Draken, he was the leader of the Dragons, and their forces. They ruled the world and used great elemental powers to wage war on nearby villages, and destroyed everything. To stop Draken you must use your own powers and the company of your fellow pet Dragon to stop this madness and save all of Cyok and the Dragon Kingdoms from near destruction. Once started on your journey you must train to be a Dragon Knight in the Lost lands of Mazgar, a place full of good and honor. There you will be given your first Dragon egg and first training mission.
You will be able to train as a Warrior, Archer, Mystic, Rogue, and Priest. Depending on the path you choose will determine your skills and weapons. Once accepted as a Dragon Knight you will be given a Rune Glove, this allows for you to control your equipped Dragon and together you will be able to grow stronger. You will also receive your horse mount to ride on. A Dragon egg will allow for you to obtain a pet Dragon that will allow you to fight with him or her in battle. Your Dragon will hatch when you become level 10.
Dragons are a very resourceful ally and can keep you from dying in combat. Dragons vary in power, speed, some can fly, heal, or even increase their masters abilities.
Now that you have your mount and Dragon Egg you can begin your adventure as a member of the Dragon Knights and take on the massive power of the Dark Dragon leader, Draken, and his army of Death Dragons, Soul Lich, Mutant Krons, Possessed Warriors, Archers, Giant Trolls, Dark Witches, and much more horrifying things to come from within the dark powers of Draken.

Xanados

Maester
After spending about 5 years working with game development teams, Michael, I can tell you that presentation in advertisement helps a lot. You tell us that you're the assistant writer, yet you spell 'please' incorrectly. Do you see what I mean?

I began 3D modeling when I was entered into my teens. I'm now 18. I've been featured on a podcast about game development, too. If you are curious about my background you can PM me.

Xanados

Maester
Surely you understand my point on presentation? Since I am on this thread I will answer your question from the PM:

I didn't ask to be Pm'd, I merely suggested. I was on the podcast via read email. I gave industry professionals a link to my portfolio and they critiqued it, saying it was very good for my age. I no longer have the 3D Models on the site. In fact, the site is no longer being paid for.

Last edited:

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
I was on the podcast via read email.

That doesn't sound quite the same as being 'featured on a podcast about game development'. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about via private messaging, but those words sound misleading.

Michael, can you give us more information, or would you prefer that people who are interested only contact you on skype? What kind of qualifications are you looking for besides 16+?

morfiction

Troubadour
For starters...

Think about the overall teirs that we need:
[10:00:25 AM] head writer: World story
[10:00:30 AM] head writer: Major cities
[10:00:37 AM] head writer: empires
[10:00:43 AM] head writer: factions
[10:00:48 AM] head writer: races
[10:01:03 AM] head writer: major characters
warring empires
[10:01:22 AM] head writer: heck... dragon story

These are the beginnings of what were suggested to me.

Pretty much lore is an issue. We have a summary, a Game Development Document, and that's it. I've written material. Some of it has been vetoed.

Ravana

Istar
I'm assuming you're already aware there's a "Ryuu–the Game®" …complete with registered trademark? And that it has an online version? Just asking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xanados

Maester
Surely, Michael, before embarking on such an endeavor, your team would have searched extensively for a name without trademark?

@Johnny: Those words are misleading, indeed. I was not featured on the podcast as an industry insider, but my work received praise via portfolio examination. This roughly 3 years ago, I believe. I was 15, I think. The podcast is called Games Industry Mentor. The host, Aaron Canaday, is an environment artist at Bioware.

Last edited:

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
@Xanados: I don't seek to reduce the value in your work (I've not seen it anyway), but I think it's fair to say that you have exaggerated its significance - especially considering the thread starter seeks writers. Also, I'm sure it'd be more polite to respond to a private message via private message, rather than displaying the conversation for all the forum to see. If you intended to bring the discussion back into the forum, I'm not sure why you suggested private messaging in the first place.

As for the topic: I'll be the first to say what I'm sure others are thinking - this doesn't sound legit at the moment. There doesn't seem to be much forethought, so what can writers hope to get out of the experience? My instinct is telling me 'nothing', but it's an honest query.

morfiction

Troubadour
I'm having my doubts as well and I'm looking at the project from the inside. I could say it would be an interesting experience, a unique one.

Status
Not open for further replies.