1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

New islands

Discussion in 'Archipelago Archive' started by The Grey Sage, Oct 16, 2011.

1. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Are there any small islands without a moderator? I have a great interest in contributing to this project, maybe as the moderator of a small island... but that's just a question at the moment.

2. JCFarnham

JCFarnham Auror

I may be wrong, but I think all the islands are accounted for. You may want to check the main threads against the island map incase.

The great thing about the map is that some of the islands could support more than one "nation". While the biggest island is spoken for, there were some others that were made with more than one nation in mind. Again I can't remember which, but go take a look.

... I really need to read some thread here myself. I'm slacking. I have no excuse haha

In any case you are more than welcome to pick up a facet of island life and start a thread. Say you want to talk about art in the archipelago in general [just an example] you're more than welcome to start a thread. The only stipulation is if you want to work on something thats on an island which has an editor you'll need to discuss with them and see if your ideas fit in to their vision.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
    The Grey Sage likes this.
  3. myrddin173

myrddin173 Maester

JC is right, all of the islands are currently taken. He is also right about starting a thread. Art is a really interesting idea that hasn't been brought up yet, but again that is just a random example. Perhaps you want to discuss this one inn in a remote hick-village on one of the islands. It's up to you! Welcome to the project.

4. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Many thanks! Actually there is a small island on the map that is unlabled... I circled it on this map here:
    [​IMG]
    Is this one up for grabs?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  5. myrddin173

myrddin173 Maester

Actually that whole group of Islands is being counted together, its the "Small Group of Islands to the East" entry I believe.

6. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Is there a possibility of expanding the map? if not then I'll getting cracking on another island.

7. Ravana

Ravana Istar

Somebody <cough> should update the map.…

Grey Sage: keep in mind this is a collaborative effort: being moderator of an island doesn't mean you're supposed to develop the whole thing yourself, only to make sure that what everybody else contributes to it is consistent. We really need people to start cross-fertilizing here–things have slowed down a bit of late. Start throwing ideas around to everybody else, and you'll be doing a greater service than developing "your own" realm. (Not that you might not receive one eventually anyway, depending on how things go/grow.)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  8. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Oh totally I think I begin with small contributions to islands already in the works. Thanks for the replies and I'll be sure to take your advice on updating the arts in the archipelago

9. myrddin173

myrddin173 Maester

Well you don't have to do the arts, unless you actually want to. If you want to talk about food, or music, or trade routes, or something entirely different feel free.

10. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Actually, begin a proficient artist myself, I would like to talk about arts.:)

11. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

I have decided to start investing in the same area of the archipelago, Small Group of Islands to the East. Expect ideas to flow soon.