• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New member here

Hello everyone.
I´m new around here and just thought i´d say hi. i write speculative for adults, but mostly I write fantasy for kids.
This place looks like i could get addicted to it. Any chance of opening a forum for kids writers? I live in Mexico so if you ever need words in sanish, you can come to me!

Hey thequillwitch, welcome to Mythic Scribes!

This is a fantastic community (excuse the pun), helpful and friendly. Jump in whenever you feel like it.

What exactly do you mean by children? Young adults or 9- and such? Young adult is hardly all that different in terms of writing, but if you mean 9-... well, this is a fantasy community, and a children's writing forum might not fit well with what's going on right now. But still, have fun here.
Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, but I beg to differ. fantasy --even high fantasy, in children´s books, has been around for a very long time, in fact, i´m pretty certain that several of the scribes here discovered their love of fanatasy from reading fantasy when they were children. Not only that but the whole Harry potter phenomenon has taught us that children´s books aren´t necessarily just for kids. Authors like C.S. Lewis, JRR Tolkein ( The Hobbit is and was consdered a children´s book), Ursula K. LeGuisn Earthsea trilogy, A wrinkle in Time, The Drak is Rising Series, Watership Down, The Sword in the Stone, The Septimus Heap books, the chronicles of prydin just to name a few are all considered fantasy. So, it´s really no different save for maybe the page count and some delicate themes. All that said, I write Middle Grade. That menas 9 to 14 aprox. Middle Grade and Tween i´d say. Anyway, i hope this changes you perspective a bit and I really, really hope that others here are on that same journey and maybe we can have our own forum.
Cheers!

I do agree, thequillwitch. I apologise if my categorization of 9- caused some confusion. I meant that 9 and below, specifically children's books, Snow White, Three Little Pigs, that sort of thing (I haven't read a lot of them, so I was always confused where to put them). But generally, I classify YA and tweens in the same category, because I don't really see that much difference (once again, I might not have read enough, but every book I read of this so-called tween called themselves YA, including Septimus Heap, but then again I may be remembering wrong...).

I am writing for the same audience. And I find the comments here to be sufficient enough for my grasp, but I haven't been writing that long.

Anyway, good to see you arguing. :) And welcome again!

No need to apologize! At least we´re on the same wavelength. Thanks for the greeting! Hop we can work together some day soon.