1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

New RP Pitches

Discussion in 'Mythic Roleplaying' started by Black Dragon, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Futhark

Futhark Inkling

Unfortunately I don’t know how to run a RP game, but I do think I have a good idea for a post-apocalyptic world. It’s inspired by the anime Trigun and elements of the Bethesda game Fallout 4.

The Pitch — a comet passed close to the earth, resulting in severe climate change and meteors. The meteorites contained seeds of interstellar trees that have some very strange properties. The electromagnetic storms from these now giant trees renders delicate technology obsolete. These ‘Blue Storms’ also can alter living tissue via (insert long science babble CRISPR virus), making for a vast array of potential PCs. Battery packs drive most things, from trains to cybernetic limbs. There is a new (read not quite sorted) technology around bio engineering that provides the neural networks. Battery towns are where most commerce takes place, and have something like Tesla towers to charge your batteries, for a fee of course.

The characters would be a team reminiscent of the A-Team or the Akatsuki (from Naruto), depending on their current situation. They would often be mercenaries, bounty hunters, outlaws, or lawmen, err, creatures.

To do this I would need a collaborator, but I thought I would just put the idea out there anyway.

2. S.T. Ockenner

S.T. Ockenner Auror

CHRONICLES OF ZORN:On the magical world of Zorn, a group of people are randomly approached by an old man offering them a job. For some reason, they take up the job. The rules are relatively loose, but keep your characters reasonable, and don't make up items that your characters don't have. The rules are more like common logic instead a strict rules set. The power level of the characters could be up to an average wizard in a high fantasy setting. The GM (me) would decide the consequences of character's actions (most likely with dice and a brain), and the characters can perform anywhere from 1-3 basic actions or maybe 1 complex action. Magic is relatively common, and the species usually have subraces. For examples orcs could be either City Orcs or Wild Orcs, and elves could be Drow(pale, not dark blue),High Elves(fair-tan (with yellow tint) skin and "red" or blonde hair) or Sea Elves(dark skin and dark hair). Generally, keep it safe and ask the GM about the particular species anatomy and culture.